My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

14 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

Ive got a mac , if you go onto the app store there's an app that you can install to refresh as often as you choose. I've used that and its been pretty successful when getting tickets before 

That could be brilliant, never heard of it. Is it 'Browser Auto Refresh' you use? You can't refresh off the page when you get through can you?

28 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

Ive got a mac , if you go onto the app store there's an app that you can install to refresh as often as you choose. I've used that and its been pretty successful when getting tickets before 

Oh really? Although I thought those auto refresh type things got identified as bots and blocked or something??

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Had a pretty worrying exchange with one of my best friends yesterday (who has been before, but usually gets snuck in by a mutual friend who works on security)... She sent me two mug shots of her and her bf, asking if they would be ok for registration photos. Obviously I was thinking, why have you not done this already??? And then this exchange happened:

Me: Yes, they look good. Do it today!

Friend: Deadline is ten days away

Me: (mini freak out) It can't be. The coach sale is in 8 days.

Friend: Lol. It's the 5th. 7 days. 

Me: Coach sale is the 4th (also, the 5th is more than 7 days away but I didn't even get in to that)

Friend: 3rd then

She was literally just saying random days to me by the end! However, aside from the fact that this does worry me about her commitment to T-Day, it does give me a little glimmer of hope that a lot of people who claim to be really keen to go this year aren't really and thus will somehow fuck it up :)

Some people are just determined to do everything last minute

if your registration is refused, you have no recourse if you do it last thing 

1 hour ago, CeriG said:

Don't blame you.... I've organised every one this year including registering most of the newbies. I wont be doing it again. 

I have also been organising it but I totally LOVE it. Glastonbury organisation stress is way way better than basically any other kind of organisational stress :)

`The stress about getting an actual ticket is however a very different matter. 

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I have also been organising it but I totally LOVE it. Glastonbury organisation stress is way way better than basically any other kind of organisational stress :)

`The stress about getting an actual ticket is however a very different matter. 

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, it' deffo an easy thing to enjoy organising for sure.... just not enjoyable hounding people for a mugshot so I can do them a favour and register them. It makes me worry about their effort come ticket day. Hence why I shall be staying put in the group with the experienced oldies ?

Just now, CeriG said:

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, it' deffo an easy thing to enjoy organising for sure.... just not enjoyable hounding people for a mugshot so I can do them a favour and register them. It makes me worry about their effort come ticket day. Hence why I shall be staying put in the group with the experienced oldies ?

If they can't be arsed to register themselves then sack em off I reckon. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Drfoxxx said:

Quick question, apologies if it's already been asked... when you are on the holding page are you better still just refreshing or holding on? 

F5 - Manually refresh. the holding page only refreshes every 20 secs so if you manually refresh more often you have a higher chance of getting through. Make sure you don't refresh more times that 60 in a minute though.

7 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Hence why I shall be staying put in the group with the experienced oldies ?

Yeh, this is actually what I'm finding most tricky - working out which of the groups is the most likely to get through. The oldies are usually the best shout, but this year two can now only make it on the Saturday (!) due to a wedding, and I know one of the others has at least once not woken up in time for the sale. A couple of others what to bring their parents, which is totally cool but the parents will not be playing the refresh game on the day ? 

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

If they can't be arsed to register themselves then sack em off I reckon. 

I've given mine a cut off of Monday, but I'm not hounding anyone extra to register anymore. One of my friends said he was interested and I told him he only had like 5 days to register and he said "great, do that for me". Urm.....no. 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, this is actually what I'm finding most tricky - working out which of the groups is the most likely to get through. The oldies are usually the best shout

I actually have 3 of the newbies coming into my work with me on ticket day so that I can guide them.... the other 2 it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't wake up. I have made it clear to everyone that unless the all confirm they are up on the WhatsApp group then they will be dropped and someone else taking their place.

2 hours ago, MrsT10 said:

Needs some thoughts and advise... 

I have 7 trying for 7 tickets next week - obviously this needs to be done in 2 groups... how would you split the group?  I am thinking 4 and a 3 and obviously if one gets through they then start for the other group... does this seem sensible? 

#ticketdaypanic

A different approach: I had a group of seven to try for this year, and two were newbies, so we split into two groups with the same five old-timers and one of the newbies in each group. Although this discriminates against the newbies, in a way they don't yet 'have the bug' and don't know what they'd be missing, and of course we'd all go hell-for-leather for the remaining one as soon as the other six are bought for.

Then a couple of days ago one of the two newbies dropped out, and we're back to six..... phew

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

When is it the different URL's start appearing, next week?..

Do you mean the 'back door' URL's to get onto non-public-facing non-load-balanced spare ticket servers? They are only enabled if See are worried about the main system failing due to the load of ticket-buyers, and could be spotted at any time, or not at all, but most likely is just before or even on ticket day, but tbf I wouldn't pin your hopes on this happening

If you mean the URL's of the actual ticket servers on the load balanced system, then there's no point even knowing them, you're better off using the load-balancer to point you at the next free one (ie. just going to http://glastonbury.seetickets.com)

hehehe, this thread is making me laugh now, it's gone a bit too hardcore.

I've got mates who probably won't be about on Sunday morning and who aren't very organised, but you know, they're great fun and I really hope they're there. Smashing people to spend the weekend with but an absolute fucking shambles. 

I'll do my best to get tickets for them. If we only had people who were awake at 9am on a Sunday morning... shudder... we're one step away from a morning register roll call on Williams Green every morning with mandatory keep fit exercises and singing of the company song

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_47bd.jpg.b6870b321b8c7f36c1d751a699d364a1.jpg

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, billum said:

Do you mean the 'back door' URL's to get onto non-public-facing non-load-balanced spare ticket servers? They are only enabled if See are worried about the main system failing due to the load of ticket-buyers, and could be spotted at any time, or not at all, but most likely is just before or even on ticket day, but tbf I wouldn't pin your hopes on this happening

If you mean the URL's of the actual ticket servers on the load balanced system, then there's no point even knowing them, you're better off using the load-balancer to point you at the next free one (ie. just going to http://glastonbury.seetickets.com)

No idea what I mean to be honest, not overly technical. Just remember the last few times a few different potential URL's appeared on here in the lead up to ticket day, I think in the hope that you skip a page in the process.. or something along those lines.

Probably doesn't hep/gain you any further ground. Ticket day placebo...

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I've got mates who probably won't be about on Sunday morning and who aren't very organised, but you know, they're great fun and I really hope they're there. Smashing people to spend the weekend with but an absolute fucking shambles. 

I'll do my best to get tickets for them. If we only had people who were awake at 9am on a Sunday morning... shudder... we're one step away from a morning register roll call on Williams Green every morning with mandatory keep fit exercises and singing of the company song

Yep, also have people like that. Absolutely no use on the morning, probably not even out of bed but they're a must because of what they bring to the table at the festival. Too funny not to have there

7 minutes ago, Mardy said:

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Yep, also have people like that. Absolutely no use on the morning, probably not even out of bed but they're a must because of what they bring to the table at the festival. Too funny not to have there

I do know what you mean, of course. It's just always a little galling to know you've missed out on tickets to people who didn't even know the sale was on, because of their kind mates. 

22 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I like to think I can do both. Phenomenal levels of efficiency on T-Day, but a complete inability to function once I hit site.

I think there might be a chemical in the inner lining of my tent that destroys my brain. The only explanation for how once my tent is up I turn into an eedjit.

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can you add visa cards to a See Tickets account?  I've got a new card and can't find a way to update it.

You can but I don't think it helps on this sale. Serves me well on normal sales on there but if memory serves, all card details need to be entered manually if you get that far

28 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I swear the most stressful thing about tickets is reading the efests threads about tickets!

Absolutely.  The threads are entertaining, but in the end I'm going to stick to my usual tried and trusted method of F5'ing multiple devices while sat in my dressing gown on Sunday morning. If I overthink how best to approach it, which IP addresses I'm using and all the rest of the entirely useful advice on here, I'll just get in a tizzy.  It'll happen or it won't. 

1 hour ago, CeriG said:

F5 - Manually refresh. the holding page only refreshes every 20 secs so if you manually refresh more often you have a higher chance of getting through. Make sure you don't refresh more times that 60 in a minute though.

If you're using more than one device from the same IP-Address ensure you don't go over that figure shared between all the devices sharing the same IP-Address (or browsers/windows on the same machine). Or you could find yourself "IP Flood-blocked" out of the sale.

I've not noticed any difference for browsers - Chrome, FireFox, IE, Edge or Safari - all seem to get a fair chance of getting through on my PC's/mac's.

Got to booking page on Edge & firefox for 2016 and Chrome & IE for 2017 resale (got blocked from main sale for refreshing too quickly).

Anyone planning on running wireshark etc against the coach sales just so you can log what's in use at seatickets end?

Edited by Penrhos
  • Upvote 1