My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

1 hour ago, Doug85 said:

The recycling crew list is over the numbers even before the ticket sale date this year so if that's a precursor to how ticket day is going to go then i'd expect it to be mental. I said i'd help a friend try and go though so i'm not getting away from it.

Oh god....how do you know that? Maybe there's just been a surge in environmentally concerned people finding out about the recycling crew benefits this year rather than paying for a ticket like they have all done in previous years.... ?

Edited by Sasperella

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Oh god....how do you know that?

My boss from last year messaged me to double check the lists for the coming festival and we have 100 spaces. We are now over subscribed and that's just for his charity. He tells me the others are exactly the same and that Fiona seems to have been inundated with requests to work. Some may have spaces though but the precedent seems to be that people are getting in early this year. We had space until the February at the last festival.

28 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

My boss from last year messaged me to double check the lists for the coming festival and we have 100 spaces. We are now over subscribed and that's just for his charity. He tells me the others are exactly the same and that Fiona seems to have been inundated with requests to work. Some may have spaces though but the precedent seems to be that people are getting in early this year. We had space until the February at the last festival.

Well, that's.....terribly disheartening. 

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Wheels are in motion on our spreadsheet now.

Currently 31 strong.

The whatsapp group has been fired up so expect a few to drop out / be added over the next week or so!

Have you got a whatsapp group for each group of six or one massive group with 31 people in?

14 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Well, that's.....terribly disheartening. 

Sorry to be the messenger of bad news.....or it could be that more people are working it rather than getting tickets.... just trying to help matters a little.

I was surprised that there was so much interest in working even before the ticket sale date though.

One thing that is certain though regardless of demand you have just as much chance of getting a ticket as everyone else pressing F5 so fingers crossed!

6 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

One thing that is certain though regardless of demand you have just as much chance of getting a ticket as everyone else pressing F5 so fingers crossed!

That is true :) I do appreciate a bit of optimism in the run up, as I am a more of a "oh god, we're never going to get tickets!!!" sort of person

8 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Have you got a whatsapp group for each group of six or one massive group with 31 people in?

15 of us are in the whatsapp group.

Some of those on the list of 31 are partners / family members of others.

It's generally the case that the core of the group sorts each other out then once tickets are bagged we set about helping the others.

13 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

That is true :) I do appreciate a bit of optimism in the run up, as I am a more of a "oh god, we're never going to get tickets!!!" sort of person

Yes exactly just think positively and stay calm and keep hitting F5! Then we will all see you on the farm! 

5 minutes ago, UEF said:

The group members not registered by now will also be the ones barely lifting a finger on ticket day. 

This is EXACTLY what I am worried about!!!!! Although most of mine are registered, they've just not filled in the spreadsheet yet. Which is almost as bad!

8 minutes ago, rebus said:

It's normally about this stage that I cave in and decide to try for coach tickets even though I don't want to go on the coach.

It's about this stage that people in my crew are caving pressure from me of trying for coach tickets :lol: I go on the coach anyway, just usually national express not the see coaches, so it's not really a big deal for me. 

However, I refuse to try for a Thursday coach ticket. 

Just now, Sasperella said:

This is EXACTLY what I am worried about!!!!! Although most of mine are registered, they've just not filled in the spreadsheet yet. Which is almost as bad!

It's about this stage that people in my crew are caving pressure from me of trying for coach tickets :lol: I go on the coach anyway, just usually national express not the see coaches, so it's not really a big deal for me. 

Why does nobody want Thursday (that includes me only for the fact you have an extra day).

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yeah I draw the line at Thursday coach as well.  To be honest the only reason I'm not keen on the coach is the lack of beer runs to the car.  Just the thought of failure on the Sunday combined with not trying on the Thursday is enough to send me a bit funny. 

26 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Why does nobody want Thursday (that includes me only for the fact you have an extra day).

There's a great thread somewhere on here discussing whether you would rather forgo the Wednesday or the Sunday if you had to choose. The answer to this very deep and philosophical question lies somewhere in that threat :lol:

2 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

Spreadsheet and phone short cuts coming along nicely. I cannot remember who posted the text replacement tip, but it has been a real help in my preparations for next Thursday when I'll be glued to my phone on the commute home. Thanks so much!

pleasure

• Like 1

My groups tips / rules.. 

- WhatsApp group with a mandatory 20 min check in before ticket release.  Photo check in confirming everything’s set up and ready to go. No check in = no ticket. Group to go silent 5 mins before ticket release and nothing gets said until tickets bought or sold out.  

- Shared spreadsheet with everyones details. 

- IPhone  keyboard shout cuts.

- IPad tethered to second laptop to split IP 

- no distractions: door closed, no drinks, no music, nothing but F5. 

- Disable windows updates two days before. Don’t want any mandatory restarts during the golden hour. 

Edited by StuckInTheMud
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2