My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

As far as I remember you have to choose the place at the beginning, after the day you want. So Weds/Thurs, then the town, the the time (if applicable), then the regs and postcodes and then the payment info. So you'd need to choose your departure point before that - obviously it makes it more stressful that way as you might get through and then click on a few only to find sold out. 

ahh okay thank you, I couldn't remember how it worked. Our best bet is to probably all try for different places then!

2 minutes ago, rebus said:

The coach info also states "Please note you must choose one option for your group as a whole – you cannot select multiple options within one transaction."

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/#COACH

So on one booking you cannot split departure location and/or day.

yeh that's cool, we are all okay with going from the same destination! It's just a case of which one we go from/which has coach spaces left.

11 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Is it still:-

UK registered lead booker pays deposit & coach ticket on debit-card.

non-uk and its credit-card.

UK Tickets can now be purchased with a UK debit card or Visa or Mastercard credit cards.

International Tickets can only be bought by Visa credit card or Mastercard credit card.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

Get set up and ready at 8.45 and start trying from then, one year I got in at 8.58 and tickets were booked. 

Empty your bladder. They should sell out in 45 mins to an hour but who knows, they could have an error at see tickets so it drags on, don’t want to have to leave your computer until you get tickets or it says sold out.

14 hours ago, billum said:

IIRC there may not be one even up to the end of ticket day. The IP's you can see now are likely to be the servers on rotation on the normal load-balancing setup, so trying to access them using a host file setup will not gain you any advantage, you might as well just go to glastonbury.seetickets.com and have the choice of whichever one becomes available next!

The host file hack is only useful if one of the *spare* ticket servers, that would be used in the case of a problem with one of the normal public-facing servers, comes online early, ready to sell tickets if needed when an emergency happens. In that case, it's just sitting there waiting in case of a problem, and if its IP address can be discovered, the host file hack can let people use it to buy tickets before it's properly put into public-facing service. But as far as I know, nobody has yet discovered a backup server sitting in readiness for this year's sale.

I'm sure if someone of this parish does discover one, it'll become common knowledge on here very quickly and off we go....! :)

Yes, thank you for the explanation!  That makes sense....

• Upvote 1

I had a particularly unsettling T-Day nightmare yesterday, where I dreamt I actually got tickets for the Sheffield crew in the coach sale (which has never happened before, either in real life or in dream world). I realised in some sort of lucid dream type state that this had never happened in a dream before, and thought that it was weird and potentially a bad omen. Then the dream moved on to the actual sale, and we failed to get tickets for the rest of my friends because a) Glastonbury had attached a 20 word pub quiz into qualify for tickets which seemed to mostly consist of obscure rugby stats and b) the friends who had tickets were lazing about and not pressing refresh.

God, I hate the Glastonbury nightmares  :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I had a particularly unsettling T-Day nightmare yesterday, where I dreamt I actually got tickets for the Sheffield crew in the coach sale (which has never happened before, either in real life or in dream world). I realised in some sort of lucid dream type state that this had never happened in a dream before, and thought that it was weird and potentially a bad omen. Then the dream moved on to the actual sale, and we failed to get tickets for the rest of my friends because a) Glastonbury had attached a 20 word pub quiz into qualify for tickets which seemed to mostly consist of obscure rugby stats and b) the friends who had tickets were lazing about and not pressing refresh.

Jesus that rugby quiz is the worst nightmare ever!

There's some particular issue on my laptop that is preventing me completing transactions when a Verified by Visa is required. Can anyone remember if they use this sort of gubbins on usual transactions?

The safest way is to use alternate methods but I'm a stickler for superstition and this laptop has served me well on T Day.

On 9/22/2018 at 7:25 AM, Sasperella said:

Had my first last night, think because I decided to take the role of putting our groups together and it's turned into a bit nightmare

2 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Can anyone remember if the full balance payments have to be taken from the card you used to pay the deposit? I highly doubt its the case but want to cover all bases as the card i'll be using will expire at the end of October so i'll have a new one when (if) paying off the balance.

No the balance payment can be paid by any card.