The Cure

JoeyT

The Cure  

706 members have voted

1. 1. If The Cure were to headline would you be there? I'm intrigued due to the varied opinions of them on here.

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Never been a fan so will definitely be elsewhere.

1 minute ago, slash's hat said:

Ooh, that gets me every time! @stuartbert two hats the English language always evolves over time, otherwise we would still be using thee, thy, and thou. Just like the legend slot evolved to accommodate a band.:D

One day no-one will have a clue what we are talking about as auto-correct will take over and people will be too damn lazy to change the word. Tis the future...like garlic bread.

Yeah, but those apostrophe's.  I loose my temper every time I see one misplaced.

Yes, those errors were deliberate!

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Sorry

Them error's was delibarite.

As an aside, do you reckon the hyper-alertness to punctuation where it shouldn't be is a programmer thing? I think when you're in a job where fuckups can be caused by misspellings, errant characters, unmatched brackets etc, your brain learns to get alarmed by things not being where they should be.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

As an aside, do you reckon the hyper-alertness to punctuation where it shouldn't be is a programmer thing? I think when you're in a job where fuckups can be caused by misspellings, errant characters, unmatched brackets etc, your brain learns to get alarmed by things not being where they should be.

Yes.  When your code doesn't compile because you forgot to capitalise something, you tend to grow a little picky over time.

4 hours ago, slash's hat said:

One day no-one will have a clue what we are talking about as auto-correct will take over and people will be too damn lazy to change the word. Tis the future...like garlic bread.

I ducking hope not.

(Does it defeat the point of this joke that I had to stop my phone autocorrecting ducking to fucking?)

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Or are hyper alert people drawn to becoming programmers? It's definitely the case that my pernickity nature found a home in reading and drafting contracts, not the other way round.

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

Or are hyper alert people drawn to becoming programmers? It's definitely the case that my pernickity nature found a home in reading and drafting contracts, not the other way round.

Good point. I suspect there is a positive feedback loop. I.e. I was always pedantic, which drew me to software, but since I became a professional programmer, it got worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Neil, what did you think about this article: https://www.nme.com/news/music/cure-play-around-20-festivals-2019-2382083.

Asked if they might headline Glastonbury next year in a recent interview, Smith replied: “Yeah, maybe. We haven’t had a happy history with Glastonbury over the years. Although we’ve headlined three times, we’ve never been on the best of terms. I don’t know if they forgive and forget. There are enough other festivals for us to play.”

doesn't exactly inspire confidence...I think?

1 minute ago, rzwodezwo said:

Neil, what did you think about this article: https://www.nme.com/news/music/cure-play-around-20-festivals-2019-2382083.

Asked if they might headline Glastonbury next year in a recent interview, Smith replied: “Yeah, maybe. We haven’t had a happy history with Glastonbury over the years. Although we’ve headlined three times, we’ve never been on the best of terms. I don’t know if they forgive and forget. There are enough other festivals for us to play.”

This is old news, June this year news. 

18 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

Works in both directions to me. The "yeah, maybe" seems to suggest it could happen, and that Smith wouldn't knock it back despite the history.

It needs to also be remembered that if they were already signed and sealed he's not going to be admitting it, and would have to say something to get past the question.

But anyway, i'm not working off that. I've had specific info that's supposedly come from 2 different well-placed people who are likely to know, and the person who's relayed those to me is trusted by me, with a very good history of giving me correct info early (tho also with a few wrong'uns, but a small number against all the good stuff told me).

That info came to me before anything was public about their festival plans for next summer, too. When i heard it I wasn't too sure, tho the festie dates & info seem to back up what i was told.

(I've also had a further 2 people say it's the Cure, although I know less about them and their sources so can't really judge those for how accurate those might be)

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Works in both directions to me. The "yeah, maybe" seems to suggest it could happen, and that Smith wouldn't knock it back despite the history.

It needs to also be remembered that if they were already signed and sealed he's not going to be admitting it, and would have to say something to get past the question.

But anyway, i'm not working off that. I've had specific info that's supposedly come from 2 different well-placed people who are likely to know, and the person who's relayed it to me is trusted by me.

(I've also had a further 2 people say it's the Cure, although I know less about them and their sources so can't really judge those for how accurate those might be)

Gotcha. I really hope it's them, but won't get my hopes up just yet.