The Cure

JoeyT

The Cure  

706 members have voted

1. 1. If The Cure were to headline would you be there? I'm intrigued due to the varied opinions of them on here.

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Never been a fan so will definitely be elsewhere.

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

Setlist tonight looks insane, some proper good deep cuts made into the set, very different to the first night

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2022/jaahalli-helsinki-finland-13b1c1e9.html

Stick! That’s almost my perfect set list (throw in All I Want and we’re there!)…now that I know M is back in rotation, will be disappointed if they leave it out in Dublin! 

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

It's not even in the top 5 Cure pop songs mate.

I like their pop bangers better than the doomy goth workouts. I agree that Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven are better - but at G19 it was a tiny missing corner of a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.

Still a fun gig, mind.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I like their pop bangers better than the doomy goth workouts. I agree that Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven are better - but at G19 it was a tiny missing corner of a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.

Still a fun gig, mind.

I honestly thought they just never played it but it has had an outing in 2019. I reckon it'll pop up once this tour given they seem to be really leaning into their catalogue and changing things up. 

26 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Setlists have been great so far.

I've put a playlist together on Spotify with all the songs they've played so far except the unreleased ones for those interested:

Great job - thanks for this.  Need to take a break from the new 1975 one so will move onto this next 😂.  This will be good listening before seeing them in December. Thanks

34 minutes ago, MK1 said:

What are the chances of The Cure playing festivals next year??

I've been thinking about this. Really not sure. They're meant to be doing US and other countries outside of Europe in Spring. So that might bleed into festival season. I could see them being booked at some fests though. I'd like to catch them again next year.

This album is going to be a damn banger if these 3 new songs are anything to go by. They've ditched trying to write another Friday I'm in Love and have gone full shoe-gaze. I'm all for it. They've done enough pop over the years, and those songs will remain brilliant and still played live.

I'm sure there may eventually be one song to try and attract the masses. These 3 songs are the deepest and hardest (emotionally) they've done in decades. There is grown-up side to them, they are not angsty or whimsical...I dare say it they remind me of Bowie's Black Star. A last hurrah, of brilliant song-writing.

They also still sound brilliant as a live band which helps a lot too...how is Robert's voice so good?

Edited by beau1

6 hours ago, beau1 said:

This album is going to be a damn banger if these 3 new songs are anything to go by. They've ditched trying to write another Friday I'm in Love and have gone full shoe-gaze. I'm all for it. They've done enough pop over the years, and those songs will remain brilliant and still played live.

I'm sure there may eventually be one song to try and attract the masses. These 3 songs are the deepest and hardest (emotionally) they've done in decades. There is grown-up side to them, they are not angsty or whimsical...I dare say it they remind me of Bowie's Black Star. A last hurrah, of brilliant song-writing.

They also still sound brilliant as a live band which helps a lot too...how is Robert's voice so good?

I haven't heard the new songs, waiting for to hear it in the flesh but I'm very excited to hear them.

• 3 weeks later...