The Cure

JoeyT

The Cure  

706 members have voted

1. 1. If The Cure were to headline would you be there? I'm intrigued due to the varied opinions of them on here.

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Never been a fan so will definitely be elsewhere.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is the Glastonbury set available anywhere now? Had it on record but changed boxes , thought it would be easy to find, how wrong I was, really need to watch plainsong again, shows how much you rely on streams now to get your fix, might have to go back to putting stuff on DVD again at this rate 😄

As good as Hyde Park was it's not glasto, watching Mr Smith saunter on stage and take it all in will live with me for a longtime 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

First show of the new tour was tonight. Two new songs and Perry Bamonte has returned, making them a six piece. I for one, cannot fucking wait to see them again

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2022/arna-rga-riga-latvia-bb1d5a6.html

Normally I am all over a setlist ahead of seeing a show, but I am so so excited to see them in December this is the first time I've ever wanted to not 'spoil' myself ahead of time.

Unsure whether I will be able to hold out 🫣 but we'll see. And incredible news about Perry! Unexpected. Got to love that revolving door of Cure membership.

Edit: I did not hold out 🙃 not five minutes later, and I looked. I have such great self-discipline in so much of my life, except where it comes to spoilers.

Anyway. That setlist elicited a few "oh fucks" and some tears. Just the thought of hearing some of those live.. it's like my dream set. I am beside myself.

Edited by WestCountryGirl

20 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

First show of the new tour was tonight. Two new songs and Perry Bamonte has returned, making them a six piece. I for one, cannot fucking wait to see them again

Yeah I'm very very hyped for the Leeds date. 

13 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

Really looking forward to seeing them on this tour, even if it is still a couple of months away. Given the price of some other tours at the moment (£75 for standing Lizzo tickets!), the £60 or so I paid for two of my favourite bands seems like a very decent deal.

19 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Normally I am all over a setlist ahead of seeing a show, but I am so so excited to see them in December this is the first time I've ever wanted to not 'spoil' myself ahead of time.

Unsure whether I will be able to hold out 🫣 but we'll see. And incredible news about Perry! Unexpected. Got to love that revolving door of Cure membership.

It's more or less what you'd expect from a Cure setlist really, although it is only the first date so perhaps they'll switch things up. If they do then I may have to get tickets for an extra show...

Really hoping we'll get more news of the album soon. Surprise Halloween release would be nice wouldn't it?

2 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

It's more or less what you'd expect from a Cure setlist really, although it is only the first date so perhaps they'll switch things up. If they do then I may have to get tickets for an extra show...

Really hoping we'll get more news of the album soon. Surprise Halloween release would be nice wouldn't it?

It's the inclusion of the third track on the setlist that has got me really. I've been having a bit of a *moment* with that song again recently so just feeling inordinately blessed to see it featuring again.

Has sent me considering logistics for getting to another show. We're making a weekend of it in Glasgow which wipes out Leeds, but a dash to Birmingham and/or Cardiff... could be on the cards.

3 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

It's the inclusion of the third track on the setlist that has got me really. I've been having a bit of a *moment* with that song again recently so just feeling inordinately blessed to see it featuring again.

Has sent me considering logistics for getting to another show. We're making a weekend of it in Glasgow which wipes out Leeds, but a dash to Birmingham and/or Cardiff... could be on the cards.

...I should probably ask if you're okay. One of my favourites from the album. Reminds me of the good old days of severe depression 🥲

I'd recommend coming to the Cardiff show! I picked there because the capacity is much smaller compared to the others. 5000 compared to the rest which are around 15,000ish

1 hour ago, Enkidu said:

Thanks for posting that.  Bring it on - brilliant setlist.  Seeing them in Belfast and cannot wait.  Have quite a few gigs in the next few months, but think this is the one I’m most looking forward to.

34 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

...I should probably ask if you're okay. One of my favourites from the album. Reminds me of the good old days of severe depression 🥲

I'd recommend coming to the Cardiff show! I picked there because the capacity is much smaller compared to the others. 5000 compared to the rest which are around 15,000ish

Haha, I'm good! It is a "reminder" of worse times, for sure 😅 Really just making me want to be able to sit down with 16 year old me and say "it's all going to be good, really".

Will keep that in mind re. Cardiff 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Was rather hoping they would mix it up a bit more on this tour but its basically the same list as they have done for years with a couple of new ones added. Don't get me wrong it will still be great, but hoping for a few different ones as the tour progresses.

Tbh, whilst some deep cuts I'd like to see are missing, I can't really complain at the setlists. Even if they are similar to tours before at least they're playing fan favourites and not like 4:13 Dream.

I do reckon they'll spice the setlists up a bit more, Trust was played for the first time in 6 years and I imagine we'll see some more Wish songs played with the remaster coming out.

10 hours ago, circus92 said:

Thanks for posting that.  Bring it on - brilliant setlist.  Seeing them in Belfast and cannot wait.  Have quite a few gigs in the next few months, but think this is the one I’m most looking forward to.

See you there! Heading with two of the guys I was at Glastonbury with too - we all chatted for a bit at the meet-up.

15 minutes ago, northernringo said:

See you there! Heading with two of the guys I was at Glastonbury with too - we all chatted for a bit at the meet-up.

Brilliant!  Remember it well - would be cool to catch up with you guys again.  Will message you nearer the time

• Upvote 1

They played 25 songs the first night. This is akin to their festive set in 2019 (24-7 songs played in 2 hrs to 2hrs 15 mins) with some minor tweaks. 

On the other hand, on their 2016 tour (their last arena tour), they played around 30-35 songs in 2 hrs 40 mins to 3 hrs. Are these days gone?

Just now, zzzfest said:

They played 25 songs the first night. This is akin to their festive set in 2019 (24-7 songs played in 2 hrs to 2hrs 15 mins) with some minor tweaks. 

On the other hand, on their 2016 tour (their last arena tour), they played around 30-35 songs in 2 hrs 40 mins to 3 hrs. Are these days gone?

Think so, they stated up front shows would be about 2 hr 10-15 mins for this tour.