The Cure

JoeyT

The Cure  

706 members have voted

1. 1. If The Cure were to headline would you be there? I'm intrigued due to the varied opinions of them on here.

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Never been a fan so will definitely be elsewhere.

5 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Absolutely love the photo of him half way through the interview when he looks almost childlike and ridiculously happy ?

On 7/3/2019 at 10:09 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Done two rewatches over here, fucking hell it was good.

I love how there wasn't much in the way of enthusiasm for them on here before hand, and we've all come away from the gig with our tiny little minds blown. One for the ages.

That's what struck me, everyone I know who ever saw them told me that they were dull, a magical experience and amazing end to the festival 

Well I've been listening to Disintegration all week, so they've certainly made a fan of me with that set. Bit of regret that I didn't put in more effort to get to know the songs beforehand, but I guess it was seeing the band live that made me properly understand what The Cure were all about.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Well I've been listening to Disintegration all week, so they've certainly made a fan of me with that set. Bit of regret that I didn't put in more effort to get to know the songs beforehand, but I guess it was seeing the band live that made me properly understand what The Cure were all about.

Same here, had a copy of their GH album but after last Sunday had to explore further so popped into HMV and picked up Disintegration. Plainsong is so fucking gorgeous.

On 7/6/2019 at 12:26 AM, frostypaw said:

It really is a treat. An album-like journey with zero filler that still managed to be daring even with a big pop finish.

Being haunted by that version of Disintegration. Driving, that's the word. Maybe relentless.

I've watched full set couple of times watched the version of disintegration lost its mesmerising 

Temps on Thursday in Lisbon, the day The Cure are playing, now up to 35 degrees. On the plus side, I'm holding out serious hope of catching a goth eating an ice lolly. Will post a  pic if I make a significant breakthrough.

Edited by Homer
  • Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Just back from a screening of the Anniversary film from Hyde park last year, Amazing, the quality of the picture and the sound is incredible, highly recommended!!

11 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Just back from a screening of the Anniversary film from Hyde park last year, Amazing, the quality of the picture and the sound is incredible, highly recommended!!

I was going to go to see this but my nearest screening was 40 miles away and the tickets were £15 per person, which was a little extortionate. Considering I went to the gig it didn't really seem worth it.

On 7/9/2019 at 9:02 PM, Homer said:

Temps on Thursday in Lisbon, the day The Cure are playing, now up to 35 degrees. On the plus side, I'm holding out serious hope of catching a goth eating an ice lolly. Will post a  pic if I make a significant breakthrough.

Good news - it was nowhere near as good as Glastonbury. Setting wasn’t as inspiring and the set list was about 30 mins longer. The cure diehards were well up for it though - absolute ‘scenes’ at the end of the chorus 

23B248C3-30A3-4CF5-B96B-EEB31EC1FBA8.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Just didn't get it, I am of that era, but just did not click. Swayed along but was always thinking what else could I be doing.

Lot more rocky than I anticipated but was just not memorable or iconic for me.

Sorry!

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally watched it back last night - outstanding. And this is from someone who only really knew the big singles. Wish they had headlined the Friday now, because I was absolutely shattered for them on the Sunday. While I knew they were really good, I wish I could have appreciated it more at the time.

On 7/7/2019 at 9:44 PM, crocodiles said:

I've watched full set couple of times watched the version of disintegration lost its mesmerising 

Rewatching it again tonight for, I think, the 4th time.  Fuck me were we lucky to be there.  Cheeky little bob and the boys at the top of their game, one of my favourite Glastonbury memories.  Sunday nights have often been a let down for me at festivals, with the end in sight, journey home on the mind and drink/drugs run out/lost their appeal, but they did a fine job of giving people something to end their year with most years in the 2010's.  

Rewatching the set, the setlist was perfectly weighted to give a good representation of what it's like to be at a regular cure gig and doing the festival thing, Bob at his chirpy best (I've got SUCH a mancrush!) and the iplayer audio almost conveys how great it sounded on the night.  Gig of the year for me.

• Upvote 2

Anyone going to Glasgow? I booked the tickets ages ago as a very Casual Cure fan hoping for a relatively (for them) hits friendly set. 

Then the Glastonbury set blew my mind.

Now I’m beside myself for Bellahouston next weekend.

On 8/7/2019 at 1:05 AM, MEGABOWL said:

Anyone going to Glasgow? I booked the tickets ages ago as a very Casual Cure fan hoping for a relatively (for them) hits friendly set. 

Then the Glastonbury set blew my mind.

Now I’m beside myself for Bellahouston next weekend.

Yep. I only got the tickets as a back up in case they didn't play Glasto for some reason. Then when Glasto was confirmed I worried that seeing them twice in the space of a few weeks was overkill. Now I can't bleddy wait for round 2. ?

On 8/15/2019 at 2:20 PM, kingcrawler said:

It's a shame the gig isn't today, this weather would have been ideal! I suppose at least we're first, I imagine the park will be pretty muddy for Foo Fighters on Saturday.

Glastowellies and rain cape brought out of hibernation for the Foos tomorrow.  Expect the ground to be churned up after today’s gig. 

On 7/12/2019 at 10:46 AM, Homer said:

Good news - it was nowhere near as good as Glastonbury. Setting wasn’t as inspiring and the set list was about 30 mins longer. The cure diehards were well up for it though - absolute ‘scenes’ at the end of the chorus 

23B248C3-30A3-4CF5-B96B-EEB31EC1FBA8.jpeg

Do that in Glasgow and you will float away