The Cure

JoeyT

The Cure  

706 members have voted

1. 1. If The Cure were to headline would you be there? I'm intrigued due to the varied opinions of them on here.

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Never been a fan so will definitely be elsewhere.

Speaking to some people at Dublin gig and stuff on you tube etc that’s us sorted for Sunday , The Cure it is. Chris will have to wait till the next time ! Beautiful balmy evening in Dublin for what’s its worth , hopefully spreading its wings to Pilton tomorrow!

14 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

This might sound absurd but go with me: do you think they'll consciously bench "Killing An Arab" because of loading the gun of casual onlookers who'll deliberately spin it?

In the current climate of Ann Widdecombes, Janice Turners and joyless right-wing rags hounding anyone having fun, I could see them reluctantly leaving it out. Something Bob's gone on record about countless times, rolling his eyes about the misinterpretation, but Glasto affords a much harsher lens. Might be a distraction they could do without.

For a while, they reworded it as "Killing Another". Personally, I'm hoping for a rousing rendition of "Killing a Tory".

Edited by happyandbored

I've been a huge fan of Bob and his boys since getting a copy of the Standing On The Beach compilation in 1987 aged 11. I saw them in Manchester in 1992 and so I'm looking forward to seeing them again finally after a 27 year gap. Here's the setlist from that 92 show (something like this would do again)

1. Cut
  2. End
  3. Encore:
  4. Encore 2:
  5. Encore 3:

They played in Dublin (Malahide castle) last weekend June 8 for about 2.5 hours. Edit: I see this has already been posted a few pages back along with the setlist but here it is again. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2019/malahide-castle-and-gardens-malahide-ireland-2b918ce2.html There's also a YouTube HD quality video up of the entire set if anyone wants to check that out. 

Edited by wetwipes
Duplication of info

So last night's setlist was exactly the same as the previous 2 apart from the addition of Never Enough half way through. Looks like this is it, can6see why they'd play this set at every other festival and then change it for Glastonbury. 

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

?

Five songs in before they're gonna play something that'll be widely recognised by the average punters.  This is by no means a guaranteed slamdunk.

Ah it is though isn’t it? It’s about exciting the audience in front of you despite how genius you might think you are

Tell you what lads, I thought Radiohead fucked it right up but I'm not a huge fan, the pencil necked specky four eyes dweebys who are into Radiohead all seemed to love it. If me and the rest of the body odour mopey fuckers who nobody wants to talk to at parties have a grand old time down the front of The Cure then idgaf what the normies at the back make of it. Janelle Monae is on at the same time, so it's not like the barren wasteland Friday night 2017 was.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

?

Five songs in before they're gonna play something that'll be widely recognised by the average punters.  This is by no means a guaranteed slamdunk.

Was thinking of watching the start before C&tQs, thinking again now... 

From the Nos Alive website re their upcoming set their:

"The Cure will play more than 2 hours of music, with an alignment designed by its extensive music catalogue, which includes international successes such as “Boys Don’t Cry”, “Close To Me”, “Just Like Heaven”, “Lovesong” and “Friday I’m In Love”. The Concert will also feature some of the favorite themes of the unconditional fans, such as “A Forest”, “Push”, “Pictures Of You”, “From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea” and “the End Of The World”, as well as some surprises."

I trust that clears it all up.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Tell you what lads, I thought Radiohead fucked it right up but I'm not a huge fan, the pencil necked specky four eyes dweebys who are into Radiohead all seemed to love it. If me and the rest of the body odour mopey fuckers who nobody wants to talk to at parties have a grand old time down the front of The Cure then idgaf what the normies at the back make of it. Janelle Monae is on at the same time, so it's not like the barren wasteland Friday night 2017 was.

Really!!  Flaming Lips at the Park.  My most joyful gig ever

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

There won't be a mass exodus from The Cure because nobody's off to see them to earn a badge to impress their peers, like seeing four songs of Radiohead would do.

The Streets on John Peel is gonna be like

989354.jpg

Also, Sunday headliner time is prime for people just hanging around the Pyramid in groups as they're too scared to do anything else. I actually know some people who I used to respect who watched Mumford and Sons, presumably for this reason (I've never had the bottle to ask them what they were thinking).