The Cure

JoeyT

The Cure  

706 members have voted

1. 1. If The Cure were to headline would you be there? I'm intrigued due to the varied opinions of them on here.

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Never been a fan so will definitely be elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I fell asleep standing up at Orbital at Glastonbury 2010 - beat that! It was the Sunday night and I hadn't exactly paced myself.

To be fair, I peaked beautifully about three hours earlier when I was sat by my tent having a right laugh while missing MGMT!

I can at least level. Standing up at Metallica in Leeds. The Lamb of God one maybe tops that because they are LOUD.

3 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Not so sure about that Ireland setlist. For one, leaving the actual song "Disintegration" off is heresy – but that would be a Springsteenian slog to get going at the start.

Opening with a 1-2 of "Plainsong" and "Pictures of You" is a winning call, let's hope they restore it for Pinkpop.

Nah, Plainsong is a bad opener, especially if it is still fairly light.

19 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Honestly .....not the bangerfest that's required.

19 singles mixed in with album tracks is not bad. If they mix the singles in more into the main set rather than in a block at end then it would be fine. Honestly though, it will be very hard for The Cure to please everyone. 

The cure always start on a really long dirge - it’s like a rule.i confidently watched all of ride st Hyde Park even though they overlapped slightly on this basis - and the cure didn’t let me down!

go to the cure just in time for High ?

Edited by Homer

Just flew back from Dublin yesterday, the set list went down incredibly well with the crowd and the band were bang on form, I think they will tweak it for Glastonbury as there were a couple of rarities thrown in for the die hards, they’ve got such a massive back catalogue that there will always be something that gets left out