The Cure

JoeyT

The Cure  

706 members have voted

1. 1. If The Cure were to headline would you be there? I'm intrigued due to the varied opinions of them on here.

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Never been a fan so will definitely be elsewhere.

25 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I could probably manage it to be fair. I did for The Stones (not that I was that close but got there around the close of Primal Scream and there was no way I could leave and get back to my mates until Stones finished. Was dying for a wee mind!). Looking at my clashfinder I have a clear run of about half an hour before Cure start so we could get a decent spot. 

I've only been down the front for Cave and earlier slots so what's it like down there at that time? Does it get sardine like? After a misspent youth of queuing to be on the barrier and getting crushed to bits I don't really enjoy feeling packed in any more. I know festivals are usually a bit more spacious though. But I do like a bit of room to dance, or sway in a somewhat mopey Goth trance.

There is always a nasty crush at the barrier entry when the previous act finishes, and the people desperate to get in decide to not let the people desperate to get out, get out first, so be careful! 

On 5/30/2019 at 1:52 PM, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I'm hoping the clashiness of Sunday will mean chatty Cathy and Pyramid selfie types will have something better they actually want to do, than see The Cure. I'm good with a random song I don't know that goes on forever. I hope to be in exactly the mindset for that.

I was quite far forward for Radiohead and it was horrendously full of the uninterested. I mean if you don't recognise Let Down, then you've never heard Ok Computer so ..? (Of course, Radiohead messed up entirely by not having the screens on. Something I'll be ranting about for decades and will likely never forgive. :P )

With you on that one. 2017 was my first Glastonbury, and the first time I'd seen Radiohead. I was so disappointed. ?

22 minutes ago, harderfaster said:

Sorry, might be misinterpreting this... But are people suggesting that the Cure won't have the screens on? 

I don’t think so - just that they’re a prime act for drawing a so-so crowd of Pyramid dwellers and so if you’re a fan you’re best off being up front rather than amongst people talking their way through it further back, which was very apparent at Radiohead in 2017 (who made the silly artistic decision to have the screens not showing the band on stage for the most part, causing more indifference at the back of the field).

Had decided to go to see the cure until , as usual, the full line up times came out.  Been a fan of Christine and the queens since her first glasto performance so it’s her on the last night. Will see the cure in Glasgow .  Folk might be surprised by how many turn up for vampire weekend.  Remember all the day visitors and folk settling down for the day seeing Kylie and miley. Especially if weather is good, sunny singalong all afternoon.  

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Had decided to go to see the cure until , as usual, the full line up times came out.  Been a fan of Christine and the queens since her first glasto performance so it’s her on the last night. Will see the cure in Glasgow .  Folk might be surprised by how many turn up for vampire weekend.  Remember all the day visitors and folk settling down for the day seeing Kylie and miley. Especially if weather is good, sunny singalong all afternoon.  

I'm not sure VW are the strongest sub, being that they've been third down the last two times they've played.

I'm seeing The Cure at Nos Alive two weeks later, but will still be at the Pyramid. Were the perfect Sunday night headliner in 95. Just the type of thing you need at that point in the festival.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:44 PM, Wooderson said:

With any luck they make some reference to Disintegration on the night - 5 best songs? - the album doesnt get enough love in the UK.

The question is when are they going to announce some Disintegration UK shows? (London only no doubt...)

Setlist from tonight. Think this was a Cure show though? 1st festival this week which will give a proper clue.

Shake Dog Shake
Burn
From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
A Night Like This
Pictures of You
High
Just One Kiss (first time since 2012)
Lovesong
Just Like Heaven
Last Dance
Fascination Street
Never Enough
Wendy Time (first time since 1992)
The Walk
Push
In Between Days
Play for Today
A Forest
Primary
Want
One Hundred Years

Encore:
Lullaby
The Caterpillar
Doing the Unstuck
Friday I'm In Love
Close To Me
Why Can't I Be You?
Boys Don't Cry

Imagine having something as killer as Jumping Someone Else's Train in your repertoire and not even playing it. Tsk.

I've probably posted this before, but The Cure's fingerprints are all over LCD Soundsystem's American Dream, it's such a love letter to them and it took me nearly a year to peg it. Every time I listen to the album now I notice something else where James is riffing directly off Bob and the lads.

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I once fell asleep at a Lamb of God gig. #tired

I fell asleep standing up at Orbital at Glastonbury 2010 - beat that! It was the Sunday night and I hadn't exactly paced myself.

To be fair, I peaked beautifully about three hours earlier when I was sat by my tent having a right laugh while missing MGMT!