The Cure

JoeyT

The Cure  

706 members have voted

1. 1. If The Cure were to headline would you be there? I'm intrigued due to the varied opinions of them on here.

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Never been a fan so will definitely be elsewhere.

29 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2019/carnival-city-festival-lawns-johannesburg-south-africa-392050b.html

First show of 2019 was tonight. Do they change their setlists up much? 

That is an insane encore. They do change their setlist about and for a festival I'd imagine that they would play the majority of that encore. 

In addition,  I'd like to start a petition for them to play "Catch".

7 hours ago, tevaburger said:

it's a shame that the best headliner of 2019 is only on page 20 or so of the E-fests thread.....

Itll probably pick up now we have a line-up. I think a lot of attention has been swayed away in thr mystery headliner that turned into The Killers and then the poster drop. Now things are settling all we can do is start trucking through playlists and getting amped up. 

12 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2019/carnival-city-festival-lawns-johannesburg-south-africa-392050b.html

No Want on there. That's a banger.

Think they'll skew heavily towards Disintegration as implied.

12 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Pretty comparable to the last couple of times I saw them but I imagine they won't play for longer than 2 hours so they will have to cut a few.

This run of tracks is insane :O

The Walk

Friday I'm In Love

Close To Me

Why Can't I Be You

Boys Don't Cry

I hope they leave that untouched!

12 hours ago, Robofish said:

That is an insane encore. They do change their setlist about and for a festival I'd imagine that they would play the majority of that encore. 

In addition,  I'd like to start a petition for them to play "Catch".

Yikes ending with "Killing an Arab" the day after the Christchurch massacre. I know the song is actually a reference to the Camus book 'The Outsider', but as a half Arabian chap, I have always hated the title of that song (for over a decade I avoided all their music because I thought from the song title they were some sort of nazi band!) and wish they'd just stop playing it (I do believe they've changed the lyrics to "Killing Another" but that just sounds daft), it's not even a good song in my opinion. 

On 3/15/2019 at 6:30 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Clash with Janelle Monae sucks ?

It does indeed--especially as there's no headliner I'm desperate to see on Friday or Saturday, yet they decide to clash the two I do want to see on the same day! ?

3 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yikes ending with "Killing an Arab" the day after the Christchurch massacre. I know the song is actually a reference to the Camus book 'The Outsider', but as a half Arabian chap, I have always hated the title of that song (for over a decade I avoided all their music because I thought from the song title they were some sort of nazi band!) and wish they'd just stop playing it (I do believe they've changed the lyrics to "Killing Another" but that just sounds daft), it's not even a good song in my opinion. 

Yeah, I'm not against them playing it but they often seem to end their sets with it. I get that it was their first single, but surely it would be better to end with Boys Don't Cry? One of their first big songs, and a good crowd pleaser to sing along to

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My hat is gradually edging towards the ring for these lads.  Will be 24 years since I last saw them ?

Sunday night .... Pyramid '95?

It was scorching and there were Goths all in black melting.

But ..... Janelle Monae?

Feels like one you dont need to be right down the front in the pit for.  Hang at the back and have a bit of a carry on, share some rum, easy access to facilities.

Maybe biased by the fact that come July I won't have seen a Pymild headliner for 3 years whereas I did two nights at WH last time out and will likely also see Lauryn Hill if she's there on the Friday.

Might get myself a ticket for Janelle at the MIF so I'm free to check out mopey Bob and the boys and stay put if I feel the need to.

Thing is, it's two acts that I'll go and see at their own shows, I just need to decide which of the two provide the appropriate gravitas to the last night of the big G. I was solidly in the Monae camp until now, but I'm starting to waiver.