The Cure

JoeyT

The Cure  

706 members have voted

1. 1. If The Cure were to headline would you be there? I'm intrigued due to the varied opinions of them on here.

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Never been a fan so will definitely be elsewhere.

27 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Ah good. Felt weird doing the Anniversary only in Australia. Thanks for the research, usually do the checking myself :P

No problem, I scrambled to find something to suggest that it wasn't exclusive. I've found other articles that suggest that this is just the first set of these shows.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/music/the-cure-will-bring-the-world-premiere-of-disintegration-30th-anniversary-concert-to-sydney-opera-house/news-story/4113620d91a0ba55fe804947f9d3548e?nk=8f41cf9332651c5bd01872a91b5d67f6-1550523872

"The Cure will premiere the global celebrations of the 30th anniversary of their biggest-selling record Disintegration with four concerts at the Sydney Opera House for the annual Vivid Live festival."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boom. Thrilled.

How long a set do we reckon they'll get? Does any headliner ever get given longer than 2 hours? (How long did Bruce get?)

Edit: Just checked and Springsteen got 25 songs in. I'd be chuffed if the Cure managed the same!

Edited by harderfaster

39 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So, provided I get tickets, I get to end Glastonbury seeing my favourite band on the Pyramid, with some of my favourite people.

Could possibly be a life highlight, so excited ?

I'm with you there! No ticket as yet (must be positive), The Cure playing the night before my 42nd birthday would actually be the meaning of life. 

12 minutes ago, dondo said:

Very happy they are headlining

Aye. 

I know we expected the info to come good but I'm v happy too. Had kinda been lost in all the excitement of all the new acts announced. 

Now I just hope they're not Sunday so I can see Janelle Monae. 

Have we had any confirmation on the days of Killers / The Cure yet? 

1 minute ago, TomViolence said:

Aye. 

I know we expected the info to come good but I'm v happy too. Had kinda been lost in all the excitement of all the new acts announced. 

Yes. Killers Saturday, Cure Sunday. On the official tweet.

1 minute ago, TomViolence said:

Aye. 

Killers Saturday

Cure Sunday

4 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Cure v Janelle is a bitch but I saw The Cure at BST last year and haven't seen Janelle since 2014 so she wins for me.

Janelle for me too at this point, but could see me switching at last moment as have never seen the Cure! 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Clash with Janelle Monae sucks ?

Nice big finish to the weekend tho, mate. Theres been years you and I have looked at the Sunday and been unable to get past the "last turkey in the shop" vibez.