The Cure

JoeyT

The Cure  

706 members have voted

1. 1. If The Cure were to headline would you be there? I'm intrigued due to the varied opinions of them on here.

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Never been a fan so will definitely be elsewhere.

• March 16-21st: Rock on the Lawns, South Africa
  • June 8th: Malahide Castle, Dublin, Ireland
  • June 13-16th: Nova Rock, Austria
  • June 16th: Firenze Rocks, Italy
  • June 21st: Hurricane Festival, Germany
  • June 23rd: Southside Festival, Germany
  • June 24-26th: InMusic, Croatia 
  • June 28th: Rock Werchter, Belgium
  • July 4th: EXIT, Novi Sad, Serbia
  • July 6th: Roskilde, Denmark
  • July 11th: NOS Alive, Lisbon, Portugal 
  • July 13th: Mad Cool, Madrid, Spain 
  • July 17th: Ejekt, Athens, Greece
  • July 18th-20th: Colours of Ostrava, Czech Republic
  • July 22nd: Rock the City, Bucharest, Romania
  • August 3rd: Afisha Picnic, Moscow, Russia
  • August 7th: Øya, Norway
  • August 16th: Summer Sessions, Glasgow
  • August 23rd: Rock en Seine, Paris, France

The point has potentially been hammered home now, but again - gap in between shows in the same country. They've even taken a second stage slot against Foo Fighters to preserve their day off, which I'm sure is welcome news for @Gucci Piggy.

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:
  • March 16-21st: Rock on the Lawns, South Africa
  • June 8th: Malahide Castle, Dublin, Ireland
  • June 13-16th: Nova Rock, Austria
  • June 16th: Firenze Rocks, Italy
  • June 21st: Hurricane Festival, Germany
  • June 23rd: Southside Festival, Germany
  • June 24-26th: InMusic, Croatia 
  • June 28th: Rock Werchter, Belgium
  • July 4th: EXIT, Novi Sad, Serbia
  • July 6th: Roskilde, Denmark
  • July 11th: NOS Alive, Lisbon, Portugal 
  • July 13th: Mad Cool, Madrid, Spain 
  • July 17th: Ejekt, Athens, Greece
  • July 18th-20th: Colours of Ostrava, Czech Republic
  • July 22nd: Rock the City, Bucharest, Romania
  • August 3rd: Afisha Picnic, Moscow, Russia
  • August 7th: Øya, Norway
  • August 16th: Summer Sessions, Glasgow
  • August 23rd: Rock en Seine, Paris, France

The point has potentially been hammered home now, but again - gap in between shows in the same country. They've even taken a second stage slot against Foo Fighters to preserve their day off, which I'm sure is welcome news for @Gucci Piggy.

Wow it really seems like The Cure will headline the Other Stage! Legendary.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

We're getting a new album then? 

Dunno why I put a question mark on that really: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8490254/the-cure-robert-smith-new-album-is-coming

Yeah, wonder why you did that.

Don't want new songs at Glasto, they're not gonna be better than the ones they replace.

14 minutes ago, doogie said:

I've seen The Cure a couple of times - once at Glasto 1995 and then at the Royal Albert Hall a couple of years ago.

Both times I enjoyed the hits but spent the other 95% of the very long sets bored off my tits.

Same for me. I saw them at BST last year. A long set of yawn with the occasion hoorah followed by a 'best of' 10 song encore which was great! No Lovecats tho.

On 12/14/2018 at 10:39 AM, doogie said:

I've seen The Cure a couple of times - once at Glasto 1995 and then at the Royal Albert Hall a couple of years ago.

Both times I enjoyed the hits but spent the other 95% of the very long sets bored off my tits.

Last time I saw them id say 50%,of the set was singles/hits 

Honestly puzzled by some of what I read in here. The Cure, other than being IMO one of the greatest bands in our generation (and certainly a legendary band deserving a headline slot), also have loads of hits and they're proven as great festival headliners. They would be an excellent choice. The BST setlist was pretty much as "greatest hits" as they come, minus the Lovecats. This main set "full of yawns" included Lovesong, Just Like Heaven, Pictures of You, Fascination Street, A Forest, Inbetween Days and many others top-drawer Cure hits. If Stormzy is a headliner, The Cure surely are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Honestly puzzled by some of what I read in here. The Cure, other than being IMO one of the greatest bands in our generation (and certainly a legendary band deserving a headline slot), also have loads of hits and they're proven as great festival headliners. They would be an excellent choice. The BST setlist was pretty much as "greatest hits" as they come, minus the Lovecats. This main set "full of yawns" included Lovesong, Just Like Heaven, Pictures of You, Fascination Street, A Forest, Inbetween Days and many others top-drawer Cure hits. If Stormzy is a headliner, The Cure surely are.

There's absolutely no doubt The Cure are tried and tested headliners and an absolutely incredible booking. I get they're not everyone's cup of tea but they're gonna absolutely kill the Pyramid Stage and pretty much the only booking being bandied about that no other band could drag me away from. Last time I saw them at Leeds I didn't really know that many songs and still loved it.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

There's absolutely no doubt The Cure are tried and tested headliners and an absolutely incredible booking. I get they're not everyone's cup of tea but they're gonna absolutely kill the Pyramid Stage and pretty much the only booking being bandied about that no other band could drag me away from. Last time I saw them at Leeds I didn't really know that many songs and still loved it.

Die of boredom you mean???  Amirite?

I'll get me coat.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

World exclusive... Guess that would pretty much rule out any other location. 

(The moon?) 

Vivid website seems to suggest otherwise, a bit misleading. It says exclusive to Vivid live, but then later states that it's the world premiere and the only Australian engagement which seems to suggest to me there'll be more later on in the year. I'm guessing the UK ones in October/November

• Upvote 1

Just now, James96 said:

Vivid website seems to suggest otherwise, a bit misleading. It says exclusive to Vivid live, but then later states that it's the world premiere and the only Australian engagement which seems to suggest to me there'll be more later on in the year. I'm guessing the UK ones in October/November

Ah good. Felt weird doing the Anniversary only in Australia. Thanks for the research, usually do the checking myself :P