The Cure

JoeyT

The Cure  

706 members have voted

1. 1. If The Cure were to headline would you be there? I'm intrigued due to the varied opinions of them on here.

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Never been a fan so will definitely be elsewhere.

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:
  • March 16-21st: Rock on the Lawns, South Africa
  • June 8th: Malahide Castle, Dublin, Ireland
  • June 13-16th: Nova Rock, Austria
  • June 16th: Firenze Rocks, Italy
  • June 21-23rd: Hurricane/Southside, Germany
  • June 28th: Rock Werchter, Belgium
  • July 4th: EXIT, Novi Sad, Serbia
  • July 6th: Roskilde, Denmark
  • July 11th: NOS Alive, Lisbon, Portugal 
  • July 13th: Mad Cool, Madrid, Spain 
  • July 17th: Ejekt, Athens, Greece
  • July 18th-20th: Colours of Ostrava, Czech Republic
  • July 22nd: Rock the City, Bucharest, Romania
  • August 7th: Øya, Norway
  • August 16th: Summer Sessions, Glasgow
  • August 23th: Rock en Seine, Paris, France

With the Mad Cool announcement tonight, it's now confirmed they're not even doing back to back shows over consecutive shows in Portugal and Spain.

Also they seem to be carrying Mogwai around with them (as well as The Twilight Sad, of course) at some of these festivals. Early evening on the Other Stage this time?

That 28th June gig is pleasing.... makes it more unlikely they will be playing Glasto on the 29th.... 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I've seen them before and not in a huge rush to see them again - they were ok but definitely one of those acts you only really need to see once.

That said Mrs Jass wants to see them so I'll inevitably end up there.

Well hopefully you wont have to. Highly unlikely they are playing now with the gig announced for the 28th...? coupled with it would be very strange for them to have both the Cure and Macca headlining.... this is not a reminisce festival :D Unless they play Sunday and Macca doesnt play at all... but EE said they have 2 guys for headliners being Stormzy, so Macca seems nailed on? 

5 minutes ago, Havors said:

Well hopefully you wont have to. Highly unlikely they are playing now with the gig announced for the 28th...? coupled with it would be very strange for them to have both the Cure and Macca headlining.... this is not a reminisce festival :D Unless they play Sunday and Macca doesnt play at all... but EE said they have 2 guys for headliners being Stormzy, so Macca seems nailed on? 

Mate that 28th June gig was announced ages ago, and does nothing to make them unlikely. It's why half of us have been predicting them for Sunday and there's been endless debate on who's least likely to play the Saturday out of The Cure (Friday date in Belgium) and Macca (Wednesday date in Phoenix).

11 minutes ago, Hawros said:

I think Dental's argument is they're more likely to play Sunday (30th), as they're not doing b2b dates anywhere else on tour.

Which would put Macca on the saturday? Not sure why I am putting Macca on sunday tbh haha!? No idea where I got that train of thought from....

Still though.... Macca & The Cure.... 2 golden oldies? seems odd choice. 

22 minutes ago, Havors said:

Looks like they'll play Sunday and Macca will do Saturday to me.

You may have to come to terms with the fact that the Arctic Monkeys won't be there.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Dude who’s reminiscing? I was alive in neither The Cure nor Paul McCartney’s creative prime but I’d love to see both.

I was alive.... granted very young. My auntie was into them... they are bit wet haha still think its a strange choice to have 2 x old school acts.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Looks like they'll play Sunday and Macca will do Saturday to me.

You may have to come to terms with the fact that the Arctic Monkeys won't be there.

Haha Im not bothered if they are there or not tbh the last album disappointed me personally. Where are we getting these Cure and Macca rumours from anyway? The Macca one carries some weight with EE saying 2 guys headlining... unless shes bringing in sam smith or something? 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Haha Im not bothered if they are there or not tbh the last album disappointed me personally. Where are we getting these Cure and Macca rumours from anyway? The Macca one carries some weight with EE saying 2 guys headlining... unless shes bringing in sam smith or something? 

Neil has several sources telling him they're the headliners. The Cure are blatantly headlining by now.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Neil has several sources telling him they're the headliners. The Cure are blatantly headlining by now.

Ah well not going to lie disappointed with the Cure if its true. Suppose it frees up the night for me on friday and sunday... Fingers crossed for some good other stage headliners. (Runs off to pray in the stone circle for Foals or Vampire Weekend) 

9 hours ago, Havors said:

He does tend to carry that weight tbf.

• March 16-21st: Rock on the Lawns, South Africa
  • June 8th: Malahide Castle, Dublin, Ireland
  • June 13-16th: Nova Rock, Austria
  • June 16th: Firenze Rocks, Italy
  • June 21-23rd: Hurricane/Southside, Germany
  • June 24-26th: InMusic, Croatia 
  • June 28th: Rock Werchter, Belgium
  • July 4th: EXIT, Novi Sad, Serbia
  • July 6th: Roskilde, Denmark
  • July 11th: NOS Alive, Lisbon, Portugal 
  • July 13th: Mad Cool, Madrid, Spain