The Cure

JoeyT

The Cure  

706 members have voted

1. 1. If The Cure were to headline would you be there? I'm intrigued due to the varied opinions of them on here.

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Never been a fan so will definitely be elsewhere.

41 minutes ago, blue6field said:

My favourite band at my favourite place, a dream come true, wouldn’t miss them for anything 

So basically Werchter have moved their festival forward a week to book these. I think they're booked their for Sunday this year and from past history of play 6 times and 3 in 12 years they sell the tickets, this would be 4 in 19 years. Monkeys played this year, Macca only played in 16 and as said it didn't sell out...it was Thursday but he's huge enough to sell it...I've known others that have. I also personally didn't see it being the most solid year, their dip maybe if you like. Kendrick, it would be two summers after release of Damn and I don't think either Werchter or Glasto will go for that...Glasto would certainly want it when it's new and fresh and he did Puckelpop this year on a 2nd year. Also Stormzy isn't going to headline after never playing Werchter anyway. 

I think Florence would get booked again for both already but I'm unsure a fest would move for her....she does sell well though.

I mentioned The Cure rumour to one of my friends last night, and he was quite alarmed when I said I probably wouldn't go to see them. Assuming we both get tickets, I anticipate that the next 8 and a half months will be full of him playing me their tunes to prove that I recognise more of them than I think I do and like the others more than I expect.

16 hours ago, thewayiam said:

So basically Werchter have moved their festival forward a week to book these. I think they're booked their for Sunday this year and from past history of play 6 times and 3 in 12 years they sell the tickets, this would be 4 in 19 years. Monkeys played this year, Macca only played in 16 and as said it didn't sell out...it was Thursday but he's huge enough to sell it...I've known others that have. I also personally didn't see it being the most solid year, their dip maybe if you like. Kendrick, it would be two summers after release of Damn and I don't think either Werchter or Glasto will go for that...Glasto would certainly want it when it's new and fresh and he did Puckelpop this year on a 2nd year. Also Stormzy isn't going to headline after never playing Werchter anyway. 

I think Florence would get booked again for both already but I'm unsure a fest would move for her....she does sell well though.

Wow just seen this reply ?

20 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Wow just seen this reply ?

So basically Werchter have moved their festival forward a week to book these. I think they're booked their for Sunday this year and from past history of play 6 times and 3 in 12 years they sell the tickets, this would be 4 in 19 years. Monkeys played this year, Macca only played in 16 and as said it didn't sell out...it was Thursday but he's huge enough to sell it...I've known others that have. I also personally didn't see it being the most solid year, their dip maybe if you like. Kendrick, it would be two summers after release of Damn and I don't think either Werchter or Glasto will go for that...Glasto would certainly want it when it's new and fresh and he did Puckelpop this year on a 2nd year. Also Stormzy isn't going to headline after never playing Werchter anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

So basically Werchter have moved their festival forward a week to book these. I think they're booked their for Sunday this year and from past history of play 6 times and 3 in 12 years they sell the tickets, this would be 4 in 19 years. Monkeys played this year, Macca only played in 16 and as said it didn't sell out...it was Thursday but he's huge enough to sell it...I've known others that have. I also personally didn't see it being the most solid year, their dip maybe if you like. Kendrick, it would be two summers after release of Damn and I don't think either Werchter or Glasto will go for that...Glasto would certainly want it when it's new and fresh and he did Puckelpop this year on a 2nd year. Also Stormzy isn't going to headline after never playing Werchter anyway. 

Still baffled!

2 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Welp I eat my words on saying/thinking The Cure wouldn't be booked these days as it's looking more and more like this is gonna happen. Still maintain that it's a bit of a peculiar booking for 2019, but maybe it'll make more sense at the time, and I can't see myself not being there (ticket pending).

2 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

I guess there is still the chance it might be Latitude but I guess we shall see. It won't be Reading/Leeds I wouldn't have thought as they did 2012 (?) and have done Bestival twice.

I was thinking this as the bigger artist they've had over the last couple of years. The Killers were much bigger than Solange and Alt-J last year and the cure could take that slot.

Don't get how people think they can't headline. Most people at least recognise the name, and o struggle to find music people that aren't at all familiar with them. They have crossgenerational appeal too; plenty of youngsters like them, and so do many older people. 

As someone else said, they're similar to Radiohead. Casuals don't really listen to Radiohead, but music people do. If Radiohead can headline, so can The Cure tbh

Edited by Gilgamesh69