Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Any ideas for headliners/acts in general for next year?

My guesses are 

Gorillaz and/or Catfish

Tame Impala

The Streets

Stormzy or BBK

Brockhampton

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a feeling Courteeners may headline 2019. 

They headlined Neighbourhood this year and haven't announced a Manchester date for their Winter tour. Parklife have also opted for indie acts towards the top of the bill over the last couple of years with LG, The XX, The 1975 and Two Door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SCG95 said:

I've got a feeling Courteeners may headline 2019. 

They headlined Neighbourhood this year and haven't announced a Manchester date for their Winter tour. Parklife have also opted for indie acts towards the top of the bill over the last couple of years with LG, The XX, The 1975 and Two Door. 

Probably, being from Manchester they'll sell it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SCG95 said:

I've got a feeling Courteeners may headline 2019. 

They headlined Neighbourhood this year and haven't announced a Manchester date for their Winter tour. Parklife have also opted for indie acts towards the top of the bill over the last couple of years with LG, The XX, The 1975 and Two Door. 

They'll be cooking up their own Manchester thing. Too big for Parklife - sold Heaton Park out in a morning a few years ago, even used Parklife's stage for it.

edit: iirc Etihad is about the only thing left for them to headline so I'd expect it be that.

Edited by dentalplan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

People are aware that it wasn't a Stone Roses size gig and the capacity used for the Heaton Park Courteeners gig was only 25k yea?

While that’s true, they did sell out 50k tickets for Old Trafford last year so I agree with dental that they’re maybe a bit big for Parklife now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

While that’s true, they did sell out 50k tickets for Old Trafford last year so I agree with dental that they’re maybe a bit big for Parklife now.

SJM own parklife and also promote and manage The courteeners. Anything is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

While that’s true, they did sell out 50k tickets for Old Trafford last year so I agree with dental that they’re maybe a bit big for Parklife now.

LG headlined Parklife and sold out Old Trafford cricked ground in minutes this year too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

People are aware that it wasn't a Stone Roses size gig and the capacity used for the Heaton Park Courteeners gig was only 25k yea?

That is more than the daily capacity of Parklife.

1 hour ago, SCG95 said:

LG headlined Parklife and sold out Old Trafford cricked ground in minutes this year too!

Yeah but I think this summer he was taking any gig that came his way on his first proper summer of the album tour. There is no special reason like that for the Courteeners. And as the poster above mentions, the festival and the band have existed on the same books as one another for years so why now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

That is more than the daily capacity of Parklife.

Nah that's way off. Few sources when I've just googled it are saying 70k a day. Dunno for sure if that's accurate, but no way it's close to as low as 25k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Nah that's way off. Few sources when I've just googled it are saying 70k a day. Dunno for sure if that's accurate, but no way it's close to as low as 25k.

Oops yeah I was lazy at googling and was way off. If I’d ever been I’d probably have known right off that was wrong. :P

Still would think that the Courteeners are too big even with the highest capacity numbers quoted. And they wouldn’t have foregone their own Manchester gigs for a festival show either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oops yeah I was lazy at googling and was way off. If I’d ever been I’d probably have known right off that was wrong. :P

Still would think that the Courteeners are too big even with the highest capacity numbers quoted. And they wouldn’t have foregone their own Manchester gigs for a festival show either.

Dunno mate, it's hard to say. The Etihad is a huge ask. And the reason I would be tempted to rule it out, is stadium gigs have a big proportion of tickets as seats. It's one thing selling a load of general admission tickets at the cricket ground but Courteeners fans don't seem like they would buy many seats. I went to see them a few times when I was like 16-18, and I'd have never even considered buying a seated ticket at the arena, never mind up in the gods at City. I reckon a lot of their fans now would be the same. Pure speculation though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Oops yeah I was lazy at googling and was way off. If I’d ever been I’d probably have known right off that was wrong. :P

Still would think that the Courteeners are too big even with the highest capacity numbers quoted. And they wouldn’t have foregone their own Manchester gigs for a festival show either.

They're mystifying popular. Just don't get it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really interested as to who they could get to headline this next year. The size of headliners and acts in general have definitely taken a bit of a jump in the past 2-3 years.

Childish Gambino is a good shout. Maybe Foals to return with their new album? Chance The Rapper? J.Cole?

Edited by ConorC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TommyLC said:

Ian Brown surely? If he's not doing Neighbourhood, must be a banker for this. 

Couple of nights at Castlefield Bowl seems more likely than Parklife. Don't know if he's big enough with the youngsters to do something here.

Catfish though, they were missing from Neighbourhood. Bit naff though. Tame Impala and Childish Gambino would be good, supposing they're about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Couple of nights at Castlefield Bowl seems more likely than Parklife. Don't know if he's big enough with the youngsters to do something here.

Yeah true. Could be an outside bet for Bluedot? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...