Groups trying to get tickets.. spreadsheets etc

Ollie 1995

Hi all,

Finally coming out of the woodwork and actually posting something after reading this forum for countless hours (at the expense of my work productivity) over the past few years! On a side note just wanted to say thankyou to everyone for the advice - from secret sets and camping recommendations right through to packing alcohol efficiently - it really has helped make the whole Glastonbury experience (in particular the build-up) much more enjoyable since my first in '15. 

I've been lucky with tickets for the past 3 years (where there's been under 5/6 of us) - but this year I have a slightly different scenario in which there's around 14 of us trying to get tickets together.

Is there any useful tips you guys have that might help the organisation for the whole procedure? I appreciate a lot of it is down to luck, internet connection speed, not going into cardiac arrest etc.

We were thinking of using a shared google spreadsheet with everyone's details on it, so if anyone does get through we can highlight whose tickets have been purchased already in order to avoid anyone missing out? Since you can buy 6 tickets per transaction I guess this means that "only" 3 of us need to get through..

Any ideas welcome  - cheers in advance people!

Yep we have a shared Google Sheets doc with all groups marked by numbers with postcodes and regs inside. We keep in communication via facebook messenger and once a group is done, its marked green and that group tries for another one. We usually have about 5-6 groups and are mostly successful for everyone!

We have a spreadsheet with everyone's names, postcodes and reg numbers on. They are split into 3 groups... Group A,B,C.

If group A get through then they then try for group B... B for C.... C for A.

We also have a WhatsApp group which I have posted all the group and reg details on along with web address for tickets. Everyone also has a paper copy of reg details.

No one is to send WhatsApp messages unless they have booked.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CeriG said:

We have a spreadsheet with everyone's names, postcodes and reg numbers on. They are split into 3 groups... Group A,B,C.

If group A get through then they then try for group B... B for C.... C for A.

We also have a WhatsApp group which I have posted all the group and reg details on along with web address for tickets. Everyone also has a paper copy of reg details.

No one is to send WhatsApp messages unless they have booked.

This sounds like a winner for me. Got 8 so far in my group with possibly more to come. Particularly like the no-one post to WhatsApp unless they are in. Streamlines the communication 

2 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

This sounds like a winner for me. Got 8 so far in my group with possibly more to come. Particularly like the no-one post to WhatsApp unless they are in. Streamlines the communication 

This is the first time though as only had 6 last year. Fingers crossed our plan works. Not looking forward to it. Last year was stressful enough. Ha!

Cheers guys - I think you're right, 3 groups of 6(ish) seems to be like the best way to do it - then improvise on the day depending on who gets through. Think the shared google spreadsheet should help keep track of who's been bought for and who hasn't.

Definitely going to try on the Thursday for coach tickets again this year. The way I see it, it's another shot at getting tickets and if that doesn't work you can try again on the Sunday.. Coach journey is normally a laugh anyway as everyone's in a good mood.

Already getting the nerves and it's still a few weeks away ?

image.png.c0f3a2151d7dd023241ce535f8b59d4e.png

Any other ideas still welcome - I know others will be in the same boat

20 hours ago, Ollie 1995 said:

Cheers guys - I think you're right, 3 groups of 6(ish) seems to be like the best way to do it - then improvise on the day depending on who gets through. Think the shared google spreadsheet should help keep track of who's been bought for and who hasn't.

Definitely going to try on the Thursday for coach tickets again this year. The way I see it, it's another shot at getting tickets and if that doesn't work you can try again on the Sunday.. Coach journey is normally a laugh anyway as everyone's in a good mood.

Already getting the nerves and it's still a few weeks away ?

image.png.c0f3a2151d7dd023241ce535f8b59d4e.png

Any other ideas still welcome - I know others will be in the same boat

There is 6 of us trying for coach tickets.... if we get through then we will re-jig the groups and us 6 will still try for the other 2 groups on the sunday.

Edited by CeriG