Ticket Info Tomorrow

Gnomicide

6 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I now have the real fear ?

The couple I go with who always manage to have luck with tickets are not going this year and I’m worried I won’t get close. I can’t handle the stress!

Same here. Just spoken with a mate who we normally go with and it doesn't look like he can make it this year. He has managed to get more tickets than we have over the various sales, plus we have lost some others reducing the number of people trying. Not feeling optimistic about getting tickets this year.

Stomach is doing an impression of a a tumble drier just thinking about T day.

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So I'm now debating whether to just grab a single coach ticket for now and pay for a National Express one later as the drop-off location is that much more convenient for us... However, single tickets on See are £39 and return tickets are £57 so it's only an extra £20... Hmmm.

Anyone know how much National Express tickets are if you buy nice and early - are they usually cheaper, or are they always quite steep? Set me back £53 each when I bought in May last year. 

Last year, I got a train back from Bristol, so got a coach from the festival to Bristol in the morning, then train back to London at lunchtime. The advance train tickets were really cheap, 22 quid, for Bristol-London

Just now, Mardy said:

Last year, I got a train back from Bristol, so got a coach from the festival to Bristol in the morning, then train back to London at lunchtime. The advance train tickets were really cheap, 22 quid, for Bristol-London

Thanks - I did the train my first year but I wasn't a fan really. Hated the queueing at Castle Cary and then it was hard to get a seat and find somewhere to put at all the stuff. That isn't a bad price though. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks - I did the train my first year but I wasn't a fan really. Hated the queueing at Castle Cary and then it was hard to get a seat and find somewhere to put at all the stuff. That isn't a bad price though. 

Yeah, Castle Cary is horrific, but Bristol was fine

56 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Yeah, although our charity has introduced a ballot system (not a ballet system as I originally typed, as entertaining as that would be) so may have to actually pay a bit to pick up litter as not all the places are now free with deposit back iyswim. 

I presume that's a response to people volunteering, getting their ticket and not doing shifts? Or are the 'no shows' quite a small number?

46 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I presume that's a response to people volunteering, getting their ticket and not doing shifts? Or are the 'no shows' quite a small number?

Not with our charity - we are all mostly returners if not veterans (over 5 years). It is more that they have 200 people wanting to do it and only 100 places. And the fairest way is to decide that with a spirited but lumpen Swan Lake performance.

I understand it goes to the charity but we normally donate all of the deposit for one of us so it just means we wouldn't do that if we paid upfront.

Edited by giantkatestacks
clarity

22 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Anyone know what time the first See coach from London arrives? We like the 2am National Express coach to get there for gates opening and get a good spot. Last year we risked it it and got tickets in the general sale, this time I’m wondering how I dared wait.

I know that there is a coach at 3am. I've got that before.  Not sure about earlier ones.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So I'm now debating whether to just grab a single coach ticket for now and pay for a National Express one later as the drop-off location is that much more convenient for us... However, single tickets on See are £39 and return tickets are £57 so it's only an extra £20... Hmmm.

Anyone know how much National Express tickets are if you buy nice and early - are they usually cheaper, or are they always quite steep? Set me back £53 each when I bought in May last year. 

National express tickets return from Heathrow were £58  in 2017. 

1 minute ago, JacquelineS said:

National express tickets return from Heathrow were £58  in 2017. 

Cheers, that's about what I paid for a single closer to the festival (to Victoria) so I might be in luck... I think for the convenience of getting back to a central station I might just go for singles in the coach sale. Less to fork out all at once too. 

4 hours ago, Pigeon Detective said:

£70 each return seems a bit steep for Sheffield and back. A long way on a coach that

I actually totally recommend the coach from Sheffield (although, my experience is National Express and not Seetickets coach). I did the train from Sheffield in 2016, and it's a bit of a ballache having to change at castle cary and getting all your stuff on/off when you have to change at Bristol. Plus, it's super expensive unless you book a specific train AND have a railcard, and even if you don't, the queue at the train station on monday morning is carnage so you have to get up EARLY. The coach on the way down in 2017 in comparison was a breeze, and coming back we just sauntered over to the buses at 10am. Granted its a long old bus back, but you have a kip and its not so terrible. Granted the train doesn't get messed up by traffic jams as in 2016, buuuut you can just get boozy with your fellow bus passengers if that happens. 

I'm definitely getting the coach again, but still might not go for the see tickets version, just because I don't want to panic and press "thursday" if its the only remaining option or have see dictating what time I arrive and not telling me until 3 weeks beforehand!

11 minutes ago, James96 said:

Sheffield coach organisation was fucking poor there and back. Just remember if you're getting a coach your driver can be a twat. And on the way back your coach can be late (horrendously so).

Yes. Our coach driver on the way there in 2015 didn’t know where the site was and had to be yelled at by the entire coach which direction to go in. Not good.

25 minutes ago, James96 said:

Sheffield coach organisation was fucking poor there and back. Just remember if you're getting a coach your driver can be a twat. And on the way back your coach can be late (horrendously so).

Wah! I guess that just shows how much better national express are than see tickets coaches!