***GROOVE ARMADA***

hannahlmoore

I'm devastated this morning because their first live show in 7 years sold out within seconds and I didn't get a ticket. And of course they are now being sold by a load of c@*ts on various tout sites.

So anyway, it got me thinking - Groove Armada full live show at Glasto '19 possibility?! They rocked my world in 2008!

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Seconded for West Holts - would be a great headliner. Nearly always a great atmosphere over there at that time of night. It's like going to a party and all the best action is happening hidden away in the kitchen.

Watching a set at WH feels like you’re in a completely different festival. Also helps that Brothers Bar is right beside it. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

Groove Armada have announced on Twitter their performance at Boomtown this year will be a live show with the full band. Fingers crossed for Glasto!

They did - and also mentioned that announcement was their first summer show announcement of the summer with the full live band. Keeping everything crossed for this one!

Edited by djdavejohnson
Typo

50 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

They did - and also mentioned that announcement was their first summer show announcement of the summer with the full live band. Keeping everything crossed for this one!

That's how I read it but my wife read it as its the first live show date of the summer. Doesn't make sense to me as Boomtown is pretty much the end of summer. 

18 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

That's how I read it but my wife read it as its the first live show date of the summer. Doesn't make sense to me as Boomtown is pretty much the end of summer. 

See I originally read it as your wife did, but then re-read it and decided it probably meant first summer show announcement with Boomtown being later on as you've pointed out. Here's the tweet, I guess it could be taken either way although I suspect it's meant to be the latter interpretation:

https://twitter.com/GrooveArmada/status/1093895316250738690

Edited by djdavejohnson

25 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

have managed to never see Groove Armarda , even when I went to a private party and they were booked to play , I left the building while they were on, 

just something about them that really grinds my gears

You should have tried not leaving

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

i have seen them do a set and also a dj set

just doesn't do it for me 

like Muse

The DJ sets are a little dull, I'll give you that. Saw them at Arcadia last year and it was all very pedestrian until the Superstylin/Born Slippy* mashup at the end. 

* ok, not one of theirs but you know what I'm getting at