Camper van info

Phil T

Hi, 

we’ve provisionally booked a camper for 2019 in the hope we get tickets. Just wondering how hard is it to get camper tickets? Would we be ok to confirm the booking if we’re successful for general tickets or is it still a lottery? 

We’ve camped 3 times before just fancy a change.

Any other van field info would be great fully received or a link to a thread covering all this. 

Thank  you ?

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

Does anyone know how getting a camper van into the disabled field works? IF we manage to get tickets am I best getting one for the normal fields first and then putting it back in the pot once I have sorted disabled access out?

I’ve found a lot of info on the questions section. Got through to about page 15 of the topics, some had quite a lot of info about the camper fields 

I got a bunch of campervan tickets for friends & some folk here last year when they kept coming back up for sale in the week or so after the initial sale. 

Edit, I don’t think I need any this year so will offer assistance for campervans again if anyway wants it

Edited by Michaels denim shorts
  • Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

I got a bunch of campervan tickets for friends & some folk here last year when they kept coming back up for sale in the week or so after the initial sale. 

Edit, I don’t think I need any this year so will offer assistance for campervans again if anyway wants it

That would be good thank you! I’ll keep an eye out for dates of the sale and come back to this msg. Thank you!! 

if i recall correctly, the campervans went on sale straught away after the ticket sale on the sunday, right?

edit (again) found it, still no date set?

"Campervan tickets for 2019 will cost £120 for a standard pitch (8m x 7m) or £200 for a double pitch (16m x 7m) and will be released, alongside Worthy View accommodation and Tipis, later in October.

Please note that demand for campervan tickets is usually very high, so we would recommend booking one as soon as they are released. As with your Festival tickets, campervan tickets are non-transferable and will be printed with the name and address of the booker. Attempts to re-sell them may result in their cancellation. If you book a campervan ticket and later change your mind, refunds are available prior to the ticket refund deadline; subject to an administration charge of £10."

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

Camper Van tickets demand seems to be rising, but getting a ticket has been an easier process than obtaining the festival ticket. In recent years they have sold out fairly quickly, in a couple of hours last time - I think - and before that on the same day.

So, if I were you I’d confirm the booking if you get tickets, watch out for the CV sale later in October and still be online as the sale opens.

A huge advantage is the early opening of the CV fields, officially noon on the Tuesday but in practice can be 9am, we were parked up by 9:20 last year, without any hassle or carrying gear (The year before was a different story due to the conditions). If you are aiming for the East CV fields, the early disabled stops can have a lovely view overlooking the festival.

Edited by Avalon_Fields

9 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

if i recall correctly, the campervans went on sale straught away after the ticket sale on the sunday, right?

edit (again) found it, still no date set?

"Campervan tickets for 2019 will cost £120 for a standard pitch (8m x 7m) or £200 for a double pitch (16m x 7m) and will be released, alongside Worthy View accommodation and Tipis, later in October.

Please note that demand for campervan tickets is usually very high, so we would recommend booking one as soon as they are released. As with your Festival tickets, campervan tickets are non-transferable and will be printed with the name and address of the booker. Attempts to re-sell them may result in their cancellation. If you book a campervan ticket and later change your mind, refunds are available prior to the ticket refund deadline; subject to an administration charge of £10."

Campervan sales goes on after the main ticket sale. As in well after.  Certainly not same day. Was a few weeks after last T day, well publicised on glasto website. 

13 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Campervan sales goes on after the main ticket sale. As in well after.  Certainly not same day. Was a few weeks after last T day, well publicised on glasto website. 

fair enough, im not sure why i remember them going on sale the same day as general tickets, perhaps that was a resale or it was a dream.

on another note, are they using the bath & west showground as another campervan site again this year?

11 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

fair enough, im not sure why i remember them going on sale the same day as general tickets, perhaps that was a resale or it was a dream.

on another note, are they using the bath & west showground as another campervan site again this year?

Yes, that's right. Original CV ticket sale was later on in October after the main sale, but CV resale was straight after the main ticket resale had finished in April.

CV tickets were on sale almost straight after the April resale and drips & drabs for about a week or two afterwards..

I'm sure it was 7-10 days after main sale that CV tickets were made available and they sold out really quickly..

The big change last year was the lead booker's details were tied to the CV ticket (presumably to prevent resales). 

They also enforced the 8M * 7M pitch rule as well, where you had to buy a "Large pitch" and park at Bath & West if your vehicle was longer than 8M.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

17 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

They used to sell them at the same time as the general tickets, which was better as you got it all done at once. Now you have two stressful days, although as noted the campervan ticket sale is slightly more relaxed.

Edited by pineweasel

16 hours ago, pineweasel said:

They used to sell them at the same time as the general tickets, which was better as you got it all done at once. Now you have two stressful days, although as noted the campervan ticket sale is slightly more relaxed.

Wasn't relaxed for me last year...I didn't get a sniff!! Luckily I had a contingency plan in place as Neil had very generously offered  me a duplicate that he had (for some reason you were allowed to buy more than one despite the CV ticket being linked to the booker). As it turned out I managed to snag one in the resale in April so didn't need to use it and Neil managed to return it, I paid him the admin fee. So no, not relaxed for me...I'm dreading CV ticket day almost as much as the main ticket sale!!