Camper Van Field Questions

CeriG

We are considering staying in the camper Van field next year (If the ticket gods are good to us again). Just a few questions. 

1) When do the CV tickets go on sale? Same time as Worthy View?

2) Are they hard to get (as hard as the general tickets & Worthy View)?

3) How many people are allowed per campervan pass?

Also, in peoples experience which field is best in your opinion (No children, all adults).

Thank you ☺️

1. around the same time (can't remember if it's exactly the same time). After the main sale, anyway.

2. shouldn't be too difficult as long as you're quick. If they seem to sell out quickly, keep refreshing the page as they put them on sale in batches last time, and they came back on sale after saying sold out.

3. there's no limit.

You don't get a choice of field. You do get to choose 'family' or not, and you'll get directed to a different place depending which cv ticket you have.

Now I am tempting fate here for next year but I booked a camper van for next year. Does anyone know what the score is for camper vans in the disabled access field? Would I have to get a camper van ticket when the main camper van tickets go on sale?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

14 hours ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Hi all !

Hopefully heading this year in a CV. Might rent a cheaper CV as opposed to a sw*nky motorhome. Are there showers in the CV fields?

Great, thanks

nope... unless you have one in your van.. alternatively, get your arse out of bed at sparrows fart and walk down to the kids field with your towel and shampoo, the queue never looks too bad early doors.

i dont think it is bad to write sw*nky btw..

On 9/14/2018 at 4:11 PM, Peter_Quaife said:

Hi all !

Hopefully heading this year in a CV. Might rent a cheaper CV as opposed to a sw*nky motorhome. Are there showers in the CV fields?

Great, thanks

Other option about showers is what we do. We have an awning next to the van. Take a kids paddling pool. You only need a few litres of water and you can have a proper wash. Felt like magic. Uses less water than the showers too. Biodegradable wash and you're sorted! Two tips: don't use too much soap (otherwise you can't wash it all off) and wash your face and hair before you get into the paddling pool!

If the same as previous years, you'll get asked general or family camper van fields at the security/ticket check.

2011 - 2015 Family was E19-25 and general E14-18 - we didn't even get on site in 2016 and got diverted to Bath & West due to MUD and I camped last year due to getting a coach ticket in resale..

We normally arrive early Wednesday and by then E21, E20 & most of E19 were already full on Family side and E18 on general side was full. Best location I've managed on Wednesday morning is the hedge between E20 & E23 which was perfect as far enough from the main path from PED-C to all the CV fields but close enough you could sit on the roof and watch all the fun in the SE-corner.

I think it fills E21, E20, E19, E23, E24 & finally E25 on family CV and E18, E16, E17, E15, E14 on General side. But someone should be able to confirm that.

I've never done West CV.so can't comment on there.

2017v1map.png

Edited by Penrhos

34 minutes ago, CeriG said:

There are 16 of us trying for this year.... 6 of us staying in campervan.... My question is, if 4 of us were to get coach tickets and 2 drive the campervan, how would we access the campervan field?

you shouldn't have a problem. 2016 my eldest camped and the rest of us used a Camper in East. We took all of her cider down for her then her and friends came to the van and collected it.

You just need ticket, then paper passout (to get back in) and wristband.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, CeriG said:

There are 16 of us trying for this year.... 6 of us staying in campervan.... My question is, if 4 of us were to get coach tickets and 2 drive the campervan, how would we access the campervan field?

Easy - Once you have your wristband - exit the festival (make sure you get a pass-out ticket) and find them in the CV fields. Then to get back in use the wristband and pass-out ticket at the gate....

eg.

You arrive on bus, enter by PED-A get wristband, drop kit off at lockup and setup tent to get a pitch, walk across site to PED-C get pass-out ticket on way out, go up hill of death into East CV, find friends, collect beer etc, re-enter at PED-C take beer to tent - repeat as required.

At end of weekend, pack up your crap, exit via ped-c get pass-out ticket, dump stuff in mates CV, either go home in CV or go back and catch bus from Ped-A (but now with no crap to carry).

"First entry is from 12:00 hours Tuesday 20th June until 1400 hours Sunday 25th June. There will be NO access to the campervan fields prior to noon, Tuesday 20th June. "

Is this strictly true?  We arrived at half twelve on the Tuesday in 2017 and ended up in E17.  There's obvously a few crews who know people and pitch up at the front of E21 early on.  Just wondering if others have rocked up early and been let in?

37 minutes ago, czuk said:

"First entry is from 12:00 hours Tuesday 20th June until 1400 hours Sunday 25th June. There will be NO access to the campervan fields prior to noon, Tuesday 20th June. "

Is this strictly true?  We arrived at half twelve on the Tuesday in 2017 and ended up in E17.  There's obvously a few crews who know people and pitch up at the front of E21 early on.  Just wondering if others have rocked up early and been let in?

E21 is reserved for workers with a small area which is the overspill for disabled campervan/caravans. There will be people pitched in there for several days before the CV fields are open.

The fields nearest the festival are family, which you can choose when you buy your pass. Other than that it's potluck where you are sent, like it is with the car parks.

1 minute ago, Watchy said:

If we managed to get coach tickets. Could a Motor Home be delivered and Driven onto the site, if it was not a hire company. Thanks 

A tricky one as you can't purchase a CV pass if you travel by coach. So unless it was part of a larger group whereby some had GA tickets then it would  be no.