Jump to content
Cirk Vroskov

Best Kept Secret 2019

Recommended Posts

There is still no official news, but a user at Festileaks has posted hints about four bands who are supposed to play at the festival:

1.) Daughter from…
2.) Londen…
3.) 23…

4.) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

He also wrote that his source confirmed Shame will be definitely at BKS.

He further hints, that he likes the side project of one of these acts and that he guesses that none of these bands will be playing the Main Stage.

Best guesses for No. 1 seem to be Charlotte Gainsbourg and Neneh Cherry.

London Grammar, Blonde Redhead and Guided by Voices were ruled out (for this riddle).

No. 2 has been at BKS before (and is the only one of these four).

No. 3 plays Primavera, too.

No. 4 has not confirmed a show around BKS yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best guess for 2. is Kate Tempest. She has been at BKS before, is from London, is on tour 2019 (and also at Primavera) and is booked by Friendly Fire (like Nilüfer Yanya and Julien Baker).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mellowmaniac said:

23 could be the age of Julien Baker or Nilüfer Yanya. Other artists like Sigrid and Mura Masa are only 22. 

Okay, both have been at BKS before and are ruled out. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mellowmaniac said:

There is still no official news, but a user at Festileaks has posted hints about four bands who are supposed to play at the festival:

1.) Daughter from…
2.) Londen…
3.) 23…

4.) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

He also wrote that his source confirmed Shame will be definitely at BKS.

He further hints, that he likes the side project of one of these acts and that he guesses that none of these bands will be playing the Main Stage.

Best guesses for No. 1 seem to be Charlotte Gainsbourg and Neneh Cherry.

London Grammar, Blonde Redhead and Guided by Voices were ruled out (for this riddle).

No. 2 has been at BKS before (and is the only one of these four).

No. 3 plays Primavera, too.

No. 4 has not confirmed a show around BKS yet. (SInger/songwriter from US, album 2018)

 

Over on Festileaks they have this right now:
1) Charlotte Gainsbourg or Neneh Cherry

2) Kate Tempest

3) Lucy Dacus

4) ...? Best guess so far Phosphorescent. 

All names I would expect at a festival like BKS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another riddle from festileaks:

????? ????
?????? ????
????? ??? ??????
??? ?????

2/4 also at Primavera

1/4 selfconfirmed for Primavera Porto

4/4 haven't been at BKS

Best guesses so far:

1) Dream Wife or Snail Mail
2) Viagra Boys
3) Carly Rae Jepsen
4) Big Thief, The Beths or Hop Along

With 1, 3 and 4 at Primavera one of these will be definitely wrong. Probably 4.

Viagra Boys seem to be right, as they were one of two bands selfconfirming their Primavera Porto appearance and deleting it shortly after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, poseidon44 said:

Metronomy

The Twilight Sad

Foals

The Streets

Jarvis Cocker

Die Antwoord (unfortunately)

For BKS? Unofficially confirmed?

Foals play Down The Rabbit Hole, making them unlikely. The other ones would fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think it’s a guess. Foals will defo not be there, cause DTRH. Die Antwoord is no BKS material. Metronomy played two years ago, don’t see them returning. And Twilight Sad is touring with The Cure, who are highly unlikely atm. Could see Cocker and Skinner there though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Are these clues for the same acts? If so number 4 is definitely Big Thief/Adrianne Lenker

No, these were clues for another four acts. Also the guy has said that all suggested acts for that last spot were incorrect (and mellow had listed a lot of acts...) So, we basically don't know and it's probably not worth spending much time on as the line-up will drop tomorrow :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I'll correct myself, dunno if the clue was about Big Thief, but Big Thief will be there. With some detective work you'll be able to find who will be announced tomorrow; I won't spoil it. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mellowmaniac said:

[...]

Best guesses so far:

1) Dream Wife or Snail Mail
2) Viagra Boys
3) Carly Rae Jepsen
4) Big Thief, The Beths or Hop Along

With 1, 3 and 4 at Primavera one of these will be definitely wrong. Probably 4.

Viagra Boys seem to be right, as they were one of two bands selfconfirming their Primavera Porto appearance and deleting it shortly after.

Turned out Big Thief, The Beths and Hop Along were all correct, but he was looking for Ron Gallo :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Yeah, they took it down on request of the festival. Nothing is safe in this digital age...

Worst kept secret...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me? I couldn´t be more disappointed about the line-up. Bought my ticket months ago because I was sure, they would book at least some cool bands like all the years before. But now I definitely won´t go there this year… Even if there are many good aspiring bands – for the ticket price you could expect some known names….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bananalover81 said:

Is it just me? I couldn´t be more disappointed about the line-up. Bought my ticket months ago because I was sure, they would book at least some cool bands like all the years before. But now I definitely won´t go there this year… Even if there are many good aspiring bands – for the ticket price you could expect some known names….

I'm fine with the lineup. BKS was never really about well known bands, more about the setting and discovering new bands. They have enough bands I'm really looking forward to and also will add about 30-40 additional acts. I'm not even sure if there won't be another headliner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mellowmaniac said:

image.thumb.png.240ccc5303716e79b208c87aa88f5a6c.png

Some really good names on that list. Caroline Rose,  The Beths, Psychadelic Porn Crumpets and Ron Gallo all worth checking out.

Needs more dance-y stuff for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DDave said:

Some really good names on that list. Caroline Rose,  The Beths, Psychadelic Porn Crumpets and Ron Gallo all worth checking out.

Needs more dance-y stuff for me.

If it's just like last year, the dance-y stuff will get their own announcement later on. DJ Koze probably gets the same spot as Four Tet last year, but most of the other late night spots should be unfulfilled.

For me this batch of names is way above expectations. Looking more and more like a Primavera lite, and that's exactly what I was hoping for. Expecting to see Balthazar and Death Cab for Cutie announced after their gigs this spring in the Netherlands.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tijn said:

If it's just like last year, the dance-y stuff will get their own announcement later on. DJ Koze probably gets the same spot as Four Tet last year, but most of the other late night spots should be unfulfilled.

For me this batch of names is way above expectations. Looking more and more like a Primavera lite, and that's exactly what I was hoping for. Expecting to see Balthazar and Death Cab for Cutie announced after their gigs this spring in the Netherlands. 

Exactly this. Stellar lineup thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×