Best Kept Secret 2019

Cirk Vroskov

All Points East bring some very promising acts. With The Cure added, these bands would already make an amazing BKS:

Bon Iver, The Cure, The Chemical Brothers

Mac Demarco, The Tallest Man On Earth, Primal Scream

Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Little Dragon, Danny Brown, First Aid Kit, John Grant, Julien Baker, Snail Mail, Kokoko!, Little Simz, Ibibo Sound Machine

On 10/11/2018 at 6:25 PM, Odessa said:

Sounds like I'd have to take a tent then, awkward for a foreign festival but will get it sorted.

How reasonably priced are we talking? Sounds good. Thanks for your reply!!

Bit of a late reply, but the campsite store actually sells tents, so you don't even need to bring one.  (I don't know what price they were selling for). If you're coming by train you can have someone go into town and buy a tent while the rest of the group is waiting in line for the buses. There's a store selling tents less than ten minutes walking from the railway station. The one I used last year was bought there (but not at the day of the festival :)for 20 euros.

On 9/10/2018 at 4:12 PM, Cirk Vroskov said:

Here's a poster I found on one of our Czech-based festival sites, It's too early to be raeality, surely it is fake. But I hope to see a * load of the names on that poster. You know ? :-)

bks19.jpg

Ads by Kiosked

Nice Post....!!!!

5 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

I hope so... We know we are going, but just want to have a few names to be really sure :P 

Hehe, just wanted to post the same thing. Bought our early birds as soon as they were available. I have the fullest of confidence in the organisation, just getting damn curious about what they have in store for us...

2 hours ago, Ovechkin said:

Lollapalooza Stockholm (thats a thing now) are hinting at major news tomorrow, 28-29 june 2019. Probably sharing a headliner, hence both announcing tomorrow? Probably (hopefully..) someone with no dates announced yet

It’s probably the announcement of early bird tickets. Lollapalooza Paris hinted the same way two weeks ago and it was just the early bird sale announcement 

1 hour ago, StupidDream said:

Finally, yes, made my otherwise crappy Monday morning. They also say news will be coming sooner than you might think. So hopefully this week before ticket sale starts or just after that to push it.

Wouldn't be surprised if the headliners are known by the end of the week as all day tickets go on sale at the weekend.

I've been the last 3 years now but think we are going to skip this year having got Glasto tickets and perhaps do another festival later in the summer. That said I still really like this festival so will be keeping an eye on the news. I like Bon Iver but doesn't quite grab me like the last couple of years.

51 minutes ago, tomes said:

And what about other headliners? Some tips? I want Vampire weekend and Strokes but I am afraid of chemical brothers...

BKS is pretty much unpredictable. I still would love to have The Cure and The Chemical Brothers as the other headliners, but it could also be someone no one every thought of as headliner (like other odd BKS headliners like Run The Jewels and Jamie XX).

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Suuuuuurely going to be The Cure. Foals must be in with a shout of appearing somewhere too. 

I am starting to think that the Cure might not even play in the Netherlands next year. One would think that BKS would have announced the Cure as their first headliner if they had booked them, since they are much bigger then Bon Iver and other potential headliners. If we only get two headliners this week, the third could very well be the Strokes.

10 minutes ago, Tijn said:

I am starting to think that the Cure might not even play in the Netherlands next year. One would think that BKS would have announced the Cure as their first headliner if they had booked them, since they are much bigger then Bon Iver and other potential headliners. If we only get two headliners this week, the third could very well be the Strokes.

Depends really. If they are doing all three this week as suggested, there's quite a good argument for leaving the biggest until last. 

I suppose it's a bit odd they haven't announced them last month when everywhere else did, if they're playing.