Best Kept Secret 2019

Cirk Vroskov

3 minutes ago, uncertain said:

Is this the second headliner? They would be great for this year's Four Tet slot.

They will be the Saturday night headliner on Stage One.

I think they are a great addition to the lineup and much more worthy for the spot than Run The Jewels and Jamie XX. I know many people who were very skeptical in the past about Kraftwerk open air shows, but were blown away in the end. Nevertheless, a lot of people will not like it - but a lot of people also didn't like the Radiohead show at BKS. It's a matter of personal taste..

1 hour ago, mellowmaniac said:

They will be the Saturday night headliner on Stage One.

I think they are a great addition to the lineup and much more worthy for the spot than Run The Jewels and Jamie XX. I know many people who were very skeptical in the past about Kraftwerk open air shows, but were blown away in the end. Nevertheless, a lot of people will not like it - but a lot of people also didn't like the Radiohead show at BKS. It's a matter of personal taste..

...BKS don't say that Kraftwerk are headliner, but "closing the Saturday". Who knows - we might get another Saturday headliner. (Even though Kraftwerk as headliner would be fine for me)

They are defo headlining. The description says 25,000 glasses will be handed out.

I've been the last 3 years but wont be going next year now. Bon Iver and Kraftwork just dont grab me as much as previous years and if I wanted to see Kraftwork it would probably make more sense to go Bluedot (which is only an hour or so away). Its a lovely festival but think this year could be time for something new - maybe Lowlands?

32 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Thank you!

Trains from the Airport or just from Eindhoven Central Station?

First with a bus from Eindhoven Airport to Eindhoven Central Station, takes about 20 minutes. Then a train to Tilburg, then the festival shuttle. Probably will take you 1.5-2 hours to get from the Airport to the festival, if everything goes smoothly. So assume it takes you 3 hours, all the rest is bonus. :P

• Like 2

Out of BKS:

Editors | Underworld | Thom Yorke Tomorrow's Modern Boxes | Foals | Robyn | Skepta | Vampire Weekend | The Roots | AURORA | Beirut | David August | Kamasi Washington | Khruangbin | Maribou State | Ólafur Arnalds | Parquet Courts | SOFI TUKKER | Agar Agar | Amber Arcades | Donny Benet | Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes | Henge | Jordan Rakei | Low| Nona | Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever | slowthai | The Comet is Coming

24 minutes ago, Orens said:

Out of BKS:

Editors | Underworld | Thom Yorke Tomorrow's Modern Boxes | Foals | Robyn | Skepta | Vampire Weekend | The Roots | AURORA | Beirut | David August | Kamasi Washington | Khruangbin | Maribou State | Ólafur Arnalds | Parquet Courts | SOFI TUKKER | Agar Agar | Amber Arcades | Donny Benet | Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes | Henge | Jordan Rakei | Low | Nona | Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever | slowthai | The Comet is Coming

Were kind of hoping for/expecting those in bold, so a bit gutted they're not at BKS. Especially Low. But without more names for BKS don't know how gutted I really am. 

31 minutes ago, xxialac said:

What's the festival like? It seems quite boring apart from the music (which I appreciate is the most important thing and is really pretty good)?

Are their any magical (or, I guess, secret) aspects to that it I'm missing?

Indeed, it's mostly (great) music and a really good food line-up. Very relaxed atmosphere and very well organised. Just some minor (barely noteworthy) other things to do, not much to explore. I don't miss other stuff, but that's just my personal preference. Down The Rabbit Hole (first names in the posts above) has more of a side program, and Lowlands even more 'complete'. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Indeed, it's mostly (great) music and a really good food line-up. Very relaxed atmosphere and very well organised. Just some minor (barely noteworthy) other things to do, not much to explore. I don't miss other stuff, but that's just my personal preference. Down The Rabbit Hole (first names in the posts above) has more of a side program, and Lowlands even more 'complete'. 

Super helpful, thank you.

From Festileaks:

Aldous Harding has confirmed herself last week. Cancelled this year. Will be doing Primavera on the 31st, so BKS on Saturday or Sunday. 

Someone from the forum (a regular with hidden identity) has a source close to the band telling him Shame will be playing as well. Also confirmed for BBK today. Both nice additions, still to be confirmed by organisation though. 

• 3 weeks later...

There is still no official news, but a user at Festileaks has posted hints about four bands who are supposed to play at the festival:

1.) Daughter from…
2.) Londen…
3.) 23…

4.) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

He also wrote that his source confirmed Shame will be definitely at BKS.

He further hints, that he likes the side project of one of these acts and that he guesses that none of these bands will be playing the Main Stage.

Best guesses for No. 1 seem to be Charlotte Gainsbourg and Neneh Cherry.

London Grammar, Blonde Redhead and Guided by Voices were ruled out (for this riddle).

No. 2 has been at BKS before (and is the only one of these four).

No. 3 plays Primavera, too.

No. 4 has not confirmed a show around BKS yet.