3 things you would change

juliadevitt

1 hour ago, Yokel Again said:

Was that the tent that used to be kinda along the strip where the food outlets are in the earlier years (pre Woods stage)? I remember seeing Caitlin Rose in a tent along there late on evening before Jarvis & Richard Hawley DJ'ing and it was BRILLIANT! Maybe 2010?

Yep. That's the one, and that was indeed a good gig. Also remember a cracking Steve Adams set, with Dan Michaelson "assisting" intermittently.

1. Drop the tipi tent altogether. Let's be honest, it's not a tipi ? but also, it doesn't work as a closed tent, ridiculously hot and during the day it seems to become more of a sit down area which i think lacks atmosphere. Replace it with a more accessible, better sounding, cooler stage, perhaps back into the gardens where i believe the comedy stage is.

2. No camping chairs at all in the garden stage. I think now it's a bigger festival, when you have a popular act playing in the garden stage, especially in the day, there are way too many people taking up space sitting in chairs. This is a music festival, not a picnic area. A raised kids/parents platform could work, for those who like to put their kids on their shoulders. 

3. Similar to the good folks at Frank Water who walk around with their water trolleys, but a few folks from the bars walking around selling cold cans of their ale? Might save a journey to the bar but also quicker for those who have mentioned the waiting time (personally i never waited more than five minutes)

23 hours ago, RedRockRick said:

Yep. That's the one, and that was indeed a good gig. Also remember a cracking Steve Adams set, with Dan Michaelson "assisting" intermittently.

Remember her doing 'there's an answer in one of these bottles'... it was magical!

Oh the days when it was 5-10k. :-) (Still love it though).

6 hours ago, GeordieMartin said:

1. Drop the tipi tent altogether. Let's be honest, it's not a tipi ? but also, it doesn't work as a closed tent, ridiculously hot and during the day it seems to become more of a sit down area which i think lacks atmosphere. Replace it with a more accessible, better sounding, cooler stage, perhaps back into the gardens where i believe the comedy stage is.

I spent more time in the Tipi this year than ever before, because of the lineup, and I couldn’t disagree more. The sound and atmosphere were much improved I thought - while I would agree about people sitting in previous years, most people seemed to stand and pay attention once bands came on this year. I used to avoid the tipi for the reasons you cite. Funny how perceptions can differ! 

• Upvote 3

• 11 months later...