Volunteering sleeping

Ultrasound

Hi all

I'm aware that the hundreds of volunteers have their own camping areas but I wondered if the people who are able to volunteer for more than a month or so have some kind of other arrangement that involves something like a makeshift dorm with real mattresses!

Thanks in advance

It's a bit difficult to come up with a universal answer as there's so many people working for so many different organisations (tens of thousands of volunteers working for well over a hundred organisations) - but generally speaking, no, someone who's volunteering will typically be expected to provide their own accomodation - typically that means they bring either a tent or a campervan/caravan. This would usually be true regardless of how long they're on site - but anyone on site longer than a couple weeks is likely to be a paid role anyway, I'm not aware of any volunteer posts that go on that long.

Those people on site in a paid role may have something more formal provided to them, but even then not always. One of the providers, Bunkabin, has a page with some more information about their work at Glastonbury. As far as I can tell these tend to be like very basic hotel rooms with 1-4 person occupancy rather than dorms, but aside from that I think is broadly what you're thinking of.

Edited by incident
  • Upvote 1