Photo

Nobody Interesting

So who has got an email like this, all the links etc in it look genuine but I would have expected social media to be imploding - I and others I know have not got an email but 2 friends have:

""Hello

Before ticket information for the 2019 Festival is released, we're asking everyone with a registration photograph over two years old to update their registration photo, as digital photo technology has improved considerably since we first introduced registration for Glastonbury tickets in 2007.

It is now easier than ever to supply a high quality photo, so if your existing registration photo is more than two years old, not of passport standard, or is no longer a good likeness please update your photo now, to help us keep the Festival secure, and reduce waiting times for you at the Festival gates. Please ensure your updated photo is submitted by Friday 21st September 2018. Failure to provide an adequate photo may result in delayed entry to the Festival.

Your photo should be a simple portrait headshot, against a plain white background. It must be jpeg format, between 100KB - 500KB in size, and at least 900 pixels wide and 1350 pixels tall.

Make sure it is closely cropped, with just your head and top of your shoulders visible.

Please also take this opportunity to check that the personal information linked to your registration number is up to date, and delete any old registrations which you no longer require.

As at 14:14 05/09/2018 the following registration details were associated with your email address (please note any changes to your registration details since this time will not be reflected below):

YOUR REGISTRATION DETAILS

Pic and details are here

If any of these details are out of date, please update or delete your details online here or submit a fresh registration online here

Please make sure the email address you provide is one to which you have long term access (i.e. not a university or work address) and that your mobile phone number is up to date, so that we can reach you in case of emergency.

Please note, as ever, that registration does not guarantee you a ticket. You will need your registration number and registered postcode to purchase tickets when they go on sale. To prevent touting, tickets for Glastonbury Festival are non-transferable. Each ticket features the photograph of the registered ticket holder with security checks carried out to ensure that only the person in the photograph is admitted to the Festival.

DELETING YOUR DATA

Should you wish to remove your details from the registration database, you can do so by deleting your registration via the registration edit tool here

Please be aware that deleting your registration will mean you are no longer eligible to purchase tickets for Glastonbury Festival, and will need to re-register should you wish to buy tickets in future.

For more information visit glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

Best wishes

Glastonbury Festival
Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset
Love the Farm - Leave no Trace
Supporting Oxfam, WaterAid and Greenpeace

This is a service email sent by See Tickets on behalf of Glastonbury Festival. You are receiving this email because you are currently registered to be eligible to purchase Glastonbury Festival tickets. If you no longer wish to be registered for Glastonbury ticket sales, you may delete your registration online here. For full details please see the Festival's privacy policy.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

31 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

So who has got an email like this, all the links etc in it look genuine but I would have expected social media to be imploding - I and others I know have not got an email but 2 friends have:

""Hello

Before ticket information for the 2019 Festival is released, we're asking everyone with a registration photograph over two years old to update their registration photo, as digital photo technology has improved considerably since we first introduced registration for Glastonbury tickets in 2007.

It is now easier than ever to supply a high quality photo, so if your existing registration photo is more than two years old, not of passport standard, or is no longer a good likeness please update your photo now, to help us keep the Festival secure, and reduce waiting times for you at the Festival gates. Please ensure your updated photo is submitted by Friday 21st September 2018. Failure to provide an adequate photo may result in delayed entry to the Festival.

Your photo should be a simple portrait headshot, against a plain white background. It must be jpeg format, between 100KB - 500KB in size, and at least 900 pixels wide and 1350 pixels tall.

Make sure it is closely cropped, with just your head and top of your shoulders visible.

Please also take this opportunity to check that the personal information linked to your registration number is up to date, and delete any old registrations which you no longer require.

As at 14:14 05/09/2018 the following registration details were associated with your email address (please note any changes to your registration details since this time will not be reflected below):

YOUR REGISTRATION DETAILS

Pic and details are here

If any of these details are out of date, please update or delete your details online here or submit a fresh registration online here

Please make sure the email address you provide is one to which you have long term access (i.e. not a university or work address) and that your mobile phone number is up to date, so that we can reach you in case of emergency.

Please note, as ever, that registration does not guarantee you a ticket. You will need your registration number and registered postcode to purchase tickets when they go on sale. To prevent touting, tickets for Glastonbury Festival are non-transferable. Each ticket features the photograph of the registered ticket holder with security checks carried out to ensure that only the person in the photograph is admitted to the Festival.

DELETING YOUR DATA

Should you wish to remove your details from the registration database, you can do so by deleting your registration via the registration edit tool here

Please be aware that deleting your registration will mean you are no longer eligible to purchase tickets for Glastonbury Festival, and will need to re-register should you wish to buy tickets in future.

For more information visit glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

Best wishes

Glastonbury Festival
Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset
Love the Farm - Leave no Trace
Supporting Oxfam, WaterAid and Greenpeace

This is a service email sent by See Tickets on behalf of Glastonbury Festival. You are receiving this email because you are currently registered to be eligible to purchase Glastonbury Festival tickets. If you no longer wish to be registered for Glastonbury ticket sales, you may delete your registration online here. For full details please see the Festival's privacy policy.

My mate got it, I have not.

When I looked at my registration recently, it said everything was fine.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I saw it but only when I looked up registration to reregister ... no email yet .... but guess if they send them out slowlyish  then they  can manage them better at the other end ? or will it be for older registrations that have never been updated ?

my reg has got an old photo and I've not yet had that mail, so my guess is that they're sending them out slowly so that they don't have too many people do the update at the same time.

Perhaps they're starting with the people who have the oldest photos, as that would make the most sense?

I think mine is from 2010 or 2011. How old are the pics for the people who've had the mail?

4 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I've been using the same pic since 2009 and never had an email.

Same here - I think it's because they don't distinguish between say a photo update and an address change. So because I've changed my address a few times over the years, my registration (and photo) from 9 or 10 years ago is still valid.

13 minutes ago, sedra said:

I’ve had the email and my photo is 2015. If you don’t update it does it mean you lose your registration? It isn’t clear on that point. It still looks like me! 

Doubt we will lose our registrations as the email says, “Failure to provide an adequate photo may result in delayed entry to the Festival”.

Charm x

7 minutes ago, incident said:

Same here - I think it's because they don't distinguish between say a photo update and an address change. So because I've changed my address a few times over the years, my registration (and photo) from 9 or 10 years ago is still valid.

ah you could be right.  I've had plenty of address changes in that time too.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

my reg has got an old photo and I've not yet had that mail, so my guess is that they're sending them out slowly so that they don't have too many people do the update at the same time.

Perhaps they're starting with the people who have the oldest photos, as that would make the most sense?

I think mine is from 2010 or 2011. How old are the pics for the people who've had the mail?

From those I have spoken to they range from 2009 to 2016

55 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

id actually probably give them a bit longer now those emails have gone out .... hopefully they have prepared and got extra people dealing with it :) 

Good point! I'll try and keep my freakout postponed until Thursday morning

17 minutes ago, Charm said:

I did mine yesterday, still haven’t heard back, hoping they reject it anyway as I’ve decided I look ridiculous in the photo I sent. 

Charm x

:lol: 

41 minutes ago, Charm said:

I did mine yesterday, still haven’t heard back, hoping they reject it anyway as I’ve decided I look ridiculous in the photo I sent. 

Charm x

I look ridiculous in, and I don't feel I'm exaggerating here, EVERY photo of me.  You learn to live with it after a while :)

• Like 1

Haven't had e mail  but done it anyway. My pic was awful too, proper hound dog eyes. You'd think I'd been smoking some extremely heavy gear. Thought it was the best one to use as I may look like that at Glastonbury.Had no confirmation of pic yet. Only done yesterday so will wait patiently for correct time to panic.

20 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Haven't had e mail  but done it anyway. My pic was awful too, proper hound dog eyes. You'd think I'd been smoking some extremely heavy gear. Thought it was the best one to use as I may look like that at Glastonbury.Had no confirmation of pic yet. Only done yesterday so will wait patiently for correct time to panic.

I looked at my photo in the last day or so, and it looked like I'm an overweight, ugly, druggie, possibly with some mental health issues. I decided not to edit it, for the purposes of accuracy.

• Upvote 6

54 minutes ago, Quark said:

I look ridiculous in, and I don't feel I'm exaggerating here, EVERY photo of me.  You learn to live with it after a while :)

I had to practice looking normal in photos, all photos of me pre digital cameras are so embarrassing. 

Charm x