Photo

Nobody Interesting

7 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I got the email but decided to leave it as it was only updated in 2015 and I don't look that different. Always take my passport anyway and that has the same photo.

Thread still panicked me a bit as ever though...

7 minutes ago, oldbird said:

Me too. I've not changed much since my reg in 2010 so surely it will be ok?

I only last changed mine August/Sept. 2016, but still panicked when I got the email. I changed it after saying I wasn't. It only took till the next day to get it back. 

I don't think it actual affects your registration if you don't... provided you are recognisable.

Personally I see no need to be concerned if your pic looks ok but hidden in the T&C just released it says:

""Please note, it is not possible to change your registered photo if you have a current booking linked to your registration details, so please make sure you have an up to date photograph before booking tickets.""

50 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Personally I see no need to be concerned if your pic looks ok but hidden in the T&C just released it says:

""Please note, it is not possible to change your registered photo if you have a current booking linked to your registration details, so please make sure you have an up to date photograph before booking tickets.""

Which makes logical sense else it makes reselling on easy (you'd just change the photo) - I'm concerned as I have changed my photo but not had a mail back to say accepted, may have to do another registration to be on the safe side

14 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Which makes logical sense else it makes reselling on easy (you'd just change the photo) - I'm concerned as I have changed my photo but not had a mail back to say accepted, may have to do another registration to be on the safe side

I have re registered!  Updated my photo 2/3 weeks ago and not heard anything back - Stress begins!! 

On 9/12/2018 at 8:02 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Well, if you’re worried you can just change your photo even if you don’t get the email, so at least that give peace of mind.

if not, as long as the photo is a good up to date likeness, as you say, you’ll be fine. 

Thanks - got the email. Eventually. Decided not to update photo, but deleted a second, old registration instead LOL.

I didn’t bother with this as it’s so close to tickets going on sale I didn’t want to mess about. My photo is fine and I still look like my picture.

Its not like it’s going to be in their interests to mess around with all the registrations of people with pictures older than two years old, they’re in the business of selling tickets however over subscribed it is. 

Did anyone elses registration dissappear after uploading a new photo? I did my wife's yesterday and it was accepted and updated almost instantly. I then did mine and I got confirmation email that i had requested to update my details. Now when i check for registrations with my email address, only the wife's comes back, mine has disappeared! Is this normal while they approve or do I need to re-register? 

4 minutes ago, ltfckimbo said:

Did anyone elses registration dissappear after uploading a new photo? I did my wife's yesterday and it was accepted and updated almost instantly. I then did mine and I got confirmation email that i had requested to update my details. Now when i check for registrations with my email address, only the wife's comes back, mine has disappeared! Is this normal while they approve or do I need to re-register? 

Don’t worry it’s normal, it disappears until it’s approved. 

Charm x

4 minutes ago, ltfckimbo said:

Yes it's normal. When you upload photo it says that your registration will be invalid until new photo is passed as okay. Mine done the same but was all sorted within 24 hours. May be getting a bit busier now ticket day is looming and lots will be trying to get registered.

Your registration photograph has been accepted.

ah... after the first one was rejected for being too ugly.

Uploaded it on Sunday morning at 9ish with the thank you email a few minutes later and the acceptance email at 5ish today. Pretty quick.

My registration had gone while the photo was updated. Now back with same number etc.

8 hours ago, Charm said:

Don’t worry it’s normal, it disappears until it’s approved. 

Charm x

8 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

Yes it's normal. When you upload photo it says that your registration will be invalid until new photo is passed as okay. Mine done the same but was all sorted within 24 hours. May be getting a bit busier now ticket day is looming and lots will be trying to get registered.

Thanks both. It came through this evening. Relieved to say the least! ?

Left it a bit late to submit photo.. only did it late last night. Hope all works out.

Am curious that they mention in the email that they'd like photos submitted by 19th Sept, but registrations are open to be submitted until 1st Oct.

Surely if photo wasn't accepted by 19th, you'd just delete existing registration and re-register.

resubmitted my photo on Sunday and rejected today, absolutely no idea why --- now panicking --- what did everyone take their photso on. Mine was against a white wall, head a shoulders, not smiling,eyes open - I just cant work it out. Is it worth going and getting proper passport photos done today and trying to email that instead

Any tips would be greatly appreciated folks - thanks a lot

Submitted Sunday and still nothing. I'm a bit annoyed that after all this time off they email me Friday to change my photo. Like they couldn't have been doing this earlier? Why have they left it so last minute. 

Im panicking now. Especially if others are having there rejectes that seem to meet all criteria 

19 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I didn’t bother with this as it’s so close to tickets going on sale I didn’t want to mess about. My photo is fine and I still look like my picture.

With you on this one.  I've got the same hair (or lack of), same broken nose and no facial hair.  Ain't messing with it this close.

24 minutes ago, Quark said:

With you on this one.  I've got the same hair (or lack of), same broken nose and no facial hair.  Ain't messing with it this close.

Seriously wish I hadn;t messed with mine now, it was obvisouly me, but thought I would ' do as they said' and resubmit- error error error ..... now entering the stress time of bloody photo issues

35 minutes ago, Quark said:

Agree. Imagine if you updated it for a *slightly* higher res photo, it bounced, and you got no ticket. 

*end*

My face, that only a mother could love, hasn't changed that much!! ?

Edited by semmtexx