Photo

Nobody Interesting

So pleased to see this thread!

I thought it was a personal email after Iast year persuading 2 ticket-checkers *and* the supervisor they called over that I was the (very) black (I'm from Sri Lanka, but still!), afro flat-topped and much younger dude on the ticket.

Possibly the 5 most stressful minutes of my entire life and I felt sick with nerves the whole way down the A303.  Paid off but not recommended.

1 hour ago, JoBalls said:

I’m stressing out about everyone in our group being too casual about changing their photos... I keep hearing “oh we’ve got ageeeees!” ???

The way I read the e-mail, is that changing the photo is a request not a requirement. I've not seen anything to suggest that they're going to actively delete old registrations between now and ticket day (the first of which is likely 3 weeks away so it's really too late to be doing that kind of stuff).

Though I could be miles off.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

The way I read the e-mail, is that changing the photo is a request not a requirement. I've not seen anything to suggest that they're going to actively delete old registrations between now and ticket day (the first of which is likely 3 weeks away so it's really too late to be doing that kind of stuff).

Though I could be miles off.

It’s just not worth the risk!!

7 hours ago, incident said:

've not seen anything to suggest that they're going to actively delete old registrations between now and ticket day (the first of which is likely 3 weeks away so it's really too late to be doing that kind of stuff).

OMG! Imagine if they did that!!!! That would be quite the power move

46 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Updated my son's photo, confirmation 'your registration photograph has been accepted' email arrived no more than 60 seconds later. Can't quite believe they're that efficient...

suggests to me that far fewer are being updated than expected, as they've staggered sending out the mails so there's not too much of a backlog.

But as they seem to have sent out the older registrations last, I guess that would make sense - as on average those who registered (say) 8 years ago are less likely to want to go next year than those who registered (say) 2 years ago.

Was hoping we'd have had the T-Day announcement this week, it starts the ball rolling in getting my group organised. Surely it'll be early next week as would only leave two weeks for new registrations as it shuts a couple of days before the coach sale? Feel like there's been longer between announcement and cut off time in the past. Its strange why they've said new photos have to be in by 21st when in the past you would have been able to do it right until cut off time, albeit risking it getting rejected

Updated my photo, reluctantly, and also changed the postcode from a made up one to my actual postcode. Ireland only introduced postcodes about two years ago.

I say reluctantly because I have been lucky for so long with this registration that I did not want to change anything in case I jinxed it.  But it is done now, and the registration number remains the same. Just saw the photo acceptance email. 

I thought I updated my photo on Sunday and I got an email to say I would get another email when it was approved but to check if I didn’t get confirmation after 3 working days- I have checked again as heard nothing more and the photo on my registration hadn’t changed from the original so now i’m Confused! 

4 hours ago, wirralchris said:

Apologies in advance for not having the time to trawl this topic for an answer to my question. 

If an updated photo is rejected, does that render the registration you are attempting to update null and void? 

Asking for a friend. 

Ta

No, my first update attempt was rejected, tried another photo, all good.  Still my original reg no.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, sedra said:

I thought I updated my photo on Sunday and I got an email to say I would get another email when it was approved but to check if I didn’t get confirmation after 3 working days- I have checked again as heard nothing more and the photo on my registration hadn’t changed from the original so now i’m Confused! 

This happened to me too......I think it just means that somehow you didn't upload the picture properly. If you had uploaded it, it would say "this registration doesn't exist" when you tried to look up your registration details. If you check the confirmation email it will say something like "this registration is able to buy tickets". I think I made the mistake because I was changing my address and postcode too, so when I got the email saying my details were being changed, I assumed the photo had uploaded ok.

In the end I went back on the system and uploaded a new photo and it only took a few hours for it to be confirmed - so now my new photo is there :) I think it's definitely worth doing to put your mind at rest! Hope that helps!

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I got the email but decided to leave it as it was only updated in 2015 and I don't look that different. Always take my passport anyway and that has the same photo.

Thread still panicked me a bit as ever though...

Me too. I've not changed much since my reg in 2010 so surely it will be ok?