Photo

Nobody Interesting

40 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I wonder what the criterion is for receiving and email to update. Checked mine anyway and only 2 years old and in HD from a 16mp camera so ought to be high def enough and recent enough to pass.

i have a feeling if youve entered your email and clicked the link to "view, edit or delete" it, then you wont get the email at all, regardless of whether you changed any details but i could be wrong

For all those stressing on whether to update the photo on your existing Registration, just register again with a new photo. Keep hold of your existing reg'. Wait for the new reg' to be approved/declined whatever, but at least your current reg' stays intact. You can hold as many registrations as you like. Delete old reg's as required later...!

4 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Still no email. I seriously don't need to update the photo even though it's a few years old. What to do?

Well, if you’re worried you can just change your photo even if you don’t get the email, so at least that give peace of mind.

if not, as long as the photo is a good up to date likeness, as you say, you’ll be fine. 

42 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

What if people who have updated their photo get put through to the ticket page ahead of the people who haven't ...??

Ha ha ha, superb. I’ve just upvoted that. While there is now way that is possible from a technical point of view I just love the way you’ve casually put it out there. People, just due to the general angst, hope and despair of T-day will read it and think hmmmm, well I wasn’t going to update my photo but sheeeeit I’ve absolutely got to do it now just in case there’s a grain of truth in it. 

Then, the further questions. Do I do it before I get the email notification? Shit, I’ve already changed my photo before I got the email. I know, I’ll do it again just so the system knows I’ve done it then I’ll deffo get priority in the queue.

Will people with passport standard photos (as requested) get preference over people with non passport standard photos? I reckon so?

Will it all go through before 21st September? 

Aarrrgghh....!!

2 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

i have a feeling if youve entered your email and clicked the link to "view, edit or delete" it, then you wont get the email at all, regardless of whether you changed any details but i could be wrong

Actually, I went through a total faff of trying and somehow failing to change my photo after this thread started. Must have clicked that link about ten times before I realised I hadn't actually uploaded the photo to be changed properly.....then yesterday I still got the email.

Rather stupidly, I have now put myself through stress again by actually (successfully) submitting a photo this afternoon. 

12 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

not true.

the wife updated her pic about 2 weeks ago. She's just had the 'update your pic' email.

Woohoo, changed my photo and it has been confirmed :) I also got two confirmation emails, so clearly they clocked that I've checked my registration an inordinate amount of times in the last few days and have realised that I'm sufficiently bonkers enough to require multiple confirmations to put my mind at rest. What heroes. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

Dont understand the fuss.;)

Email doesnt say you wont get in, just that it may slow you down. Just take evidence(passport, driving licence) and they are not going to bar you from entering. That will have jinxed me for sure!

That's what I thought, anyone tries saying anything my licence has the same details on it. But I've never had an issue once since 2011 with the photo I have, don't see why I would now

4 hours ago, Harry49 said:

Dont understand the fuss.;)

Email doesnt say you wont get in, just that it may slow you down. Just take evidence(passport, driving licence) and they are not going to bar you from entering. That will have jinxed me for sure!

Well that is spooky. 1 hour after posting the above I got the change your photo email.  Is e-festivals under the control of the Eavi and see tickets, is Neil really Emily. Would explain his record on headliners!