Photo

Nobody Interesting

1 hour ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Ok, just checked my edit details page and it says nothing about waiting for approval,  so I guess it hasn't taken the new one.

I don't know if I should leave well alone. or go round again (I fear I look more like I'm the dad of the person in the photo rather than actually that person)... 

Me too...so stressful!

Definitely don't do it if you just don't think the photo is a good likeness. I'm just worried that I'm going to enter the details on T-Day and it's going to tell me i'm not correctly registered ? But surely they would make this obvious on the lookup, right? 

5 hours ago, Charm said:

Just noticed the look up email says

The following registrations are valid to buy tickets when they go on sale:

I would say you haven’t updated the photo and your reg is valid, think the deadline is the 21st, probably best to leave it now. 

Charm x

I was faffing about with changing my address so it's possible I just somehow didn't upload properly. Thanks for pointing that out about the email - going to check it out now. And probably request my reg details for like the millionth time....

5 hours ago, Charm said:

Just noticed the look up email says

The following registrations are valid to buy tickets when they go on sale:

I would say you haven’t updated the photo and your reg is valid, think the deadline is the 21st, probably best to leave it now. 

Charm x

A-HA!!!! Checked email and:

"The following registrations are valid to buy tickets when they go on sale:"

I cannot believe that this has been staring at me in the face the whole time while I've been not-so-quietly losing my shit

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Sasperella said:

A-HA!!!! Checked email and:

"The following registrations are valid to buy tickets when they go on sale:"

I cannot believe that this has been staring at me in the face the whole time while I've been not-so-quietly losing my shit

Oh dear, you are silly, happy your worrying is over.

Charm x

So having checked again, when I updated my details and changed my photo at the same time, submitting the photo part of the process failed in some way. The updated details appeared in the follow up email from seetickets, but when I a check against my email address it came back as valid.

Since I got the 'please update your picture' email today I've uploaded it again and this time when I check for valid registration, it now comes back with a "We could not find any valid registrations matching that e-mail address. If you are awaiting photo approval, please allow up to 3 working days."

So it looks like I've been waiting since Saturday for approval on a photo that didn't get submitted.

If this all goes horribly wrong and I start again, is there any reason why I can't use the same email address on a new registration?

14 minutes ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Since I got the 'please update your picture' email today I've uploaded it again and this time when I check for valid registration, it now comes back with a "We could not find any valid registrations matching that e-mail address. If you are awaiting photo approval, please allow up to 3 working days."

So it looks like I've been waiting since Saturday for approval on a photo that didn't get submitted.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one :lol:

Sounds like everyone else who managed to successfully upload the picture first time round has got a response within three days though, so I think you're all good!

1 hour ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

it looks like I've been waiting since Saturday for approval on a photo that didn't get submitted.

Same for me. It's all part of the Glastonbury ticket day emotional rollercoaster. Any conspiracy theories regards 'do they do this on purpose' easily believed at moment. I've re submitted pic and am now cracking open a tin. Fuck em. ?

I've not had the email (checked Junk too), but 2 friends got it on Friday. Checked and my registration appears to be valid and the pic looks like me (updated in 2014). Wonder if I didn't receive the email because I hadn't "opted in" to receive the newsletter etc. Pretty sure I was subscribed but might have been to do with the GDPR update earlier this year.

22 hours ago, incident said:

Nope, you can have as many registrations as you want per name / email / postal address

This is true. Yesterday, on checking, I still had the first photo registration from 2007 assigned to my address/email, as well as the more recent one from 2014!!

Thought they'd cleared out all the pre-2010 regs. Clearly not ?

On 9/10/2018 at 2:26 PM, Michaels denim shorts said:

I’ve still not had an email, my photo is from 2011. Checking the registration it says it’s fine so I’m tempted to just leave it be, at least until I get the email saying otherwise 

Ditto. My photo is from 2014-ish. Still looks like me.

Maybe they're sending the emails out in alphabetical order, in batches. I'm an "R", so.....