2019 Predictions

qrdk

15 hours ago, Fat_Buddha said:

Ezra is currently in the UK promoting his new record, interviewed in his manager's office by the Independent. It's gonna be Ezra, I'm certain

Adam Duritz is in Wiltshire writing songs.  No mention if Counting Crows are with him.....drifting into the realms of fantasy here....

18 minutes ago, Declan said:

Friday evening looking a bit barren between half six and the Surprise Tipi acts,  especially since there's a cluster of good acts between four and five.

Only Wire stands out - does any one have recommendations. 

The Late Junction curation on the tipi looks excellent. Really think it is one of the best things about the festival. Wand > Yves Tumor > Wire on the big top and Cass > Mitski > Parquet Courts on the Garden are really nice runs of acts. 

31 minutes ago, Declan said:

Friday evening looking a bit barren between half six and the Surprise Tipi acts,  especially since there's a cluster of good acts between four and five.

Another vote for Cass McCombs. And a BIG recommendation for Mitski (excuse the horribly irritating presenter on this, he won’t be part of the deal!) 

1 hour ago, Declan said:

Cass McCombs - Mitski - Parquet Courts run on the garden stage potentially the highlight of the weekend for me.

It's our first EOTR this year and I've been hanging around getting lots of useful information from everyone, so thanks for that.

I do quite like a colourful clashfinder though, so I've put one together.  (*)

Attached below if anyone is interested. (In fact there are 2 sets, one set fits everything on one page, the other fits on two pages, both sets have two versions, one that finishes at 2:30am for night owls and one that finishes at 11pm for those of us who need our beds.)

(*) I will, of course, be buying a programme and would encourage everyone else to do so, I just want to keep in in good condition for when we go home.

EOTR (shorter day).pdf EOTR Single Page (shorter day).pdf EOTR Single Page.pdf EOTR.pdf

5 hours ago, Declan said:

I like their records and I probably will end up seeing them, up they were a bit snarky and disinterested when I saw them before. Perhaps a better time slot and the magic of the Garden Stage will see them rise to the occasion. 

I've seen them a few times, and live they do seem to alternate between good and bad. Also hoping they can be inspired by the Garden stage this time around.

Well it took a hell of a lot longer than I expected to get over Glasto this year, but I’m there now & cannot wait for Friday morning to set off for my second EOTR.

A slightly late arrival as I’ll have my oldest daughter in tow - 8 & a half and a veteran of a couple of Camp Bestivals, & Larmer Tree Fest last year with the rest of the kids, but I think now ready for a weekend with just me & her to experience a ‘proper’ festival. 

Who knows how long she’ll last each day but given her bedtime routine during these school hols I’m fairly sure she will make it to the headliners each night. I’ll let her lead us most of the time but there’s a few acts I will not miss which I hope she will like - Cate Le Bon, Bodega, Stella Donnelly, Pom Poko, Courtney Barnett & Parquet Courts, & a couple of others. I made her a playlist a month or so ago so she should recognise a few songs. 

Hope to bump into some of you down there - my memory from my last EOTR in 07 was a wonderful, chilled out festival where I discovered loads of acts I’d never heard of but still love now (Midlake, Lambchop) and was small enough for me to meet Gruff after SFAs headline set for a HOT CIDER at the cider bus. 

Have a great weekend everyone! ?

Edited by mario man
  • Like 2

A question, possibly for TeamCampesinos, but does anyone know if the Talking Heads timings on the Clashfinder are 'official' or not?  The Line of Best Fit Clashfinder doesn't show the Talking Heads stage, so not sure where these timings have come from or whether 'official' ones have even been announced yet.