2019 Predictions

qrdk

On 8/8/2019 at 3:49 PM, RobEggleshaw said:

Can I just add (and agree with others) is there a better stage on the festival circuit than the Garden Stage? I bloody love it... gentle slope, room to go where ever, easy access toilets, real ale or snazzy drinks (or coffee) and the most beautiful setting.

No tickets for me yet, but time all booked off and I'm playing Chicken with Twickets - plenty of time yet ?

p.s. Metronomy are pretty massive in certain circles. Roundhouse gig sold out v.quick. Park set at the big G was mobbed... Anyway, it's not about the headliners, it's about the whole package - people, food, drink, setting. ?

I actually found it a bit claustrophobic and uncomfortable. Pinch points and chairs made it really awkward (sample size of one year admittedly)

On 8/15/2019 at 5:25 PM, robith said:

I actually found it a bit claustrophobic and uncomfortable. Pinch points and chairs made it really awkward (sample size of one year admittedly)

The sound for a big improvement last year but the amount of people basically cordoning off the back of the stage with camping chairs is getting a bit annoying. It's making it increasingly difficult to move around and uncomfortable to find somewhere to stand if you don't want to be right at the front. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Fat_Buddha said:

There has been a huge increase in chatterboxes at the garden stage, old geezers in groups being worst offenders

I don't mind if they stay at the back but it pissed me off when one guy was at the front for Ezra last year clearly not enjoying himself and blocking my view... I don't even mind if you aren't a "true fan" you should at least be enjoying the music or else don't hog the front row.

I think talking at gigs/festivals (and also cinemas, museums etc) is generally on the increase. It's bad at the garden stage near the back where people sit and often basically carry on like they're on a family camping holiday. People talk near the front as well. It's just general ignorance and there's a lot of it around. EOTR is probably one of the better festivals but the kind of acts playing make it more noticeable. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jeel said:

I think talking at gigs/festivals (and also cinemas, museums etc) is generally on the increase. It's bad at the garden stage near the back where people sit and often basically carry on like they're on a family camping holiday. People talk near the front as well. It's just general ignorance and there's a lot of it around. EOTR is probably one of the better festivals but the kind of acts playing make it more noticeable. 

See it all the time now, bunch of kids arrive after the start, push in at front and spend rest of time  taking selfies of themselves jabbering, occasionally looking at stage. Signed, git, getting older.

Re. chatter - I’ve sadly tried to set the bar lower this last few years, and not get too het up with a bit of chit chat but have still walked off somewhere else if it’s looking grim. Some people are just pissed, stoned, excited, seeing mates for first time all year, trying to impress someone, etc..

If I really love a band I try to see them away from any festival 

• Like 1

Must admit i felt last year wasn't as bad for the chatterers as the two previous years. may have been down to luck, the acts i was seeing or the heat just putting everyone in a daze. Either way i didn't think it was as bad last time. 

Back on topic is anyone expecting anything more to be announced other than the space on Thursday? It does say more "acts" tbc.

Not sure where else someone new could fit in unless anyone has dropped out, maybe the Talking Heads Stage, 3 on their on the Friday but only 2 on the other days, i know there is comedy and stuff on there too though.

Crack Cloud have cancelled their Glasgow gig on the Wednesday after it. The statement is a bit vague as technically they are playing EOTR on the 1st of September!

We started working on PAIN OLYMPICS two years ago. We are at the final push. We’ve travelled to the UK and Europe five times in the past year to perform our 2016-2017 material: our experiences have manifested in profound personal growth and an affinity for the communities we’ve shared moments with.

we have one more circuit in August with September dates booked as an extension. We’ve decided to cancel said dates in September to finish our album, focus on local infrastructure and community, recalibrate mentally, and craft our 2020 live presentation- with love, passion, and gratitude.

54 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Before we get into "Beirut said they were cancelling their August tour but EOTR ends in September so they must still be playing" territory, EOTR is listed as the last date of the Crack Cloud tour on their updated graphic (twice for some reason): https://www.instagram.com/p/B0GLphPnMi7/

Listed twice because it seems to cover Nov3l as well as Crack Cloud (did someone mention that they share some members?).

The blurb at the side confirms the EotR gig as well.

2 hours ago, RobEggleshaw said:

I've been a fan of tvam from back when gid coe kept punting Porsche Majeure on his show(which i still think is one of his best tracks). I've seen him solo but not in his new band guise so looking forward to that...

They were very good at Green Man. You'll have a big smile on your face after they play.

6 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Reporting back from Green Man: TVAM were an almost under the radar weekend highlight, Stella Donnelly now has a great full band and a participatory dance routine. The Beths were also really good. A lot of people talking about Squid and Pottery, and Tipi might be too small for Black Country New Road.

Thank you for this, that’s really helpful 

On 8/17/2019 at 12:38 AM, Fat_Buddha said:

There has been a huge increase in chatterboxes at the garden stage, old geezers in groups being worst offenders

I almost lost it watching Aldous Harding at Green Man yesterday – two of these "geezer" types behind me chattering about how she "wasn't much of a looker" and had clearly styled herself on Badly Drawn Boy. 

7 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Reporting back from Green Man: TVAM were an almost under the radar weekend highlight, Stella Donnelly now has a great full band and a participatory dance routine. The Beths were also really good. A lot of people talking about Squid and Pottery, and Tipi might be too small for Black Country New Road.

To add from Green Man – Bodega totally beyond all expectations, I had no idea they'd be that good – quite enjoyed the record but it was only by chance I caught the set – now have to see them again at EOTR (they were on after Audiobooks, far and away best set of the weekend for me, sadly not at EOTR, but one to see if you ever get the chance). Black Country New Road on the small rising stage was impossible to see, gutted to have missed it, the few tracks I saw craning from the back certainly seemed to live up the the hype. Sadly, I want to see Kate Tempest so am clashed out of squeezing in the tipi – REALLY hoping for a late night set from them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

And I'll Porridge Radio to the list.