Jump to content

2019 Predictions


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I just add my usual appreciation for TeamCampesinos who is always sooo quick off the mark with the clashfinder. Brilliant work, thanks.

While the line up is good, being in a confined space at sea for many days with nothing but B&S fans is my idea of hell

Think it's fair to say, us EOTR veterans REALLY want that secret set to be Brakes.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, bobbyperu said:

Solves the Kikagaku/Courtney clash for me so delighted from that point of view.

Odd that there is still one to be announced for the Thursday. 

 

Hopefully that and the stage times soon.

 

9 minutes ago, bobbyperu said:

Friday change also potentially solves The Beths/Wand clash for me too so another positive.

Same x 2 for me. Although I was never missing Kikagaku really. Especially on that stage. 

Kate Tempest though. 

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

Oh no... the clashfinder is now suggesting Wand and Bodega will clash...  ?

Those aren't confirmed times.

 

Not a Tempest fan really, but who better were they realistically going to get at this late stage who would be ready and willing to play and didn't already have other plans? Wilco were not going to fly into Britain five days early for one festival slot.

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind Kate Tempest recorded, but I've seen her a couple of times live and find her massively underwhelming..... I'm pretty disappointed to be honest and that's a big black mark against EOTR for me...... I can't help shake the suspicion that Simon wasn't overly bothered, seeing as how the festival was already sold out

I can't remember, but do the Big Top headliners go on after outside stages have finished? Just wondering what kind of time Daniel Avery will be on.......... on previous visits, by that time of night, my phone battery has died, so I've no idea what time it is (my phone battery dying is probably not the only reason I've no idea of the time by that stage)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JimiC999 said:

I can't help shake the suspicion that Simon wasn't overly bothered, seeing as how the festival was already sold out

I don't get these sorts of comments. How easy do you think it is to book a festival bill? Do you really think it's easy as throwing out a Tweet and hoping you'll get a bunch of top tier acts suddenly become available with 4 weeks to go when they weren't prepared to play 12 months ago?

As I've said, I've no love for KT, but she probably is the biggest act they could hope for at such short noticed.

7 minutes ago, JimiC999 said:

I can't remember, but do the Big Top headliners go on after outside stages have finished?

I would be very surprised if KLO, Joy Orbison, Sleaford Mods, Daniel Avery and >BEAK are not playing after the Woods and Garden headline acts have finished.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, shoebox said:

I don't get these sorts of comments. How easy do you think it is to book a festival bill? Do you really think it's easy as throwing out a Tweet and hoping you'll get a bunch of top tier acts suddenly become available with 4 weeks to go when they weren't prepared to play 12 months ago?

As I've said, I've no love for KT, but she probably is the biggest act they could hope for at such short noticed.

 

Well he's certainly not used his imagination much with KT, I would seriously have rather he'd have brought a smaller band in and bumped everyone else up........ excitement and KT (live) don't go together at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JimiC999 said:

Well he's certainly not used his imagination much with KT, I would seriously have rather he'd have brought a smaller band in and bumped everyone else up........ excitement and KT (live) don't go together at all

It’s not about excitement. It’s about emotions. 

I saw KT in May at a festival (Best Kept Secret). It was hot, the tent was packed, the album not yet released. But she got us. With her words, her insecurity, her gratefulness. Some of the crowd were in tears with what later revealed itself to be ‘Hold Your Own’ and ‘People’s Faces’. 

It was the kind of show that buzzes over the festival afterwards. It was goosebumps and WTF-was-this? 

It will be fabulous in the EOTR-context.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JimiC999 said:

Well he's certainly not used his imagination much with KT, I would seriously have rather he'd have brought a smaller band in and bumped everyone else up........ excitement and KT (live) don't go together at all

Well, it's subjective isn't it? Opinion seems split 50/50 across social media, so as long as plenty are happy, who are we to complain? Especially when there'll be 3 other stages of music, plus comedy and cinema on at the same time. One act out of 80+ is nothing really

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WM Hall said:

Saturday night mainstage is a write off then, Kate Tempset and Courtney Barnett are both zzzzzzzzz

Courtney Barnett will draw a big crowd. I felt when the first announcement was made it odd that she was subbing below acts she was by any definition 'bigger' than, obviously if you're not a fan you're not a fan but she's a perfectly acceptable headliner for EOTR.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me what Wire are like live these days? According to setlist.fm they hardly play anything from their three 'classic' albums and I'm not sure I'd bother if that's the case. It's looking like they'll now clash with Penya so I've got a tough decision to make.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mlv said:

It’s not about excitement. It’s about emotions. 

I saw KT in May at a festival (Best Kept Secret). It was hot, the tent was packed, the album not yet released. But she got us. With her words, her insecurity, her gratefulness. Some of the crowd were in tears with what later revealed itself to be ‘Hold Your Own’ and ‘People’s Faces’. 

It was the kind of show that buzzes over the festival afterwards. It was goosebumps and WTF-was-this? 

It will be fabulous in the EOTR-context.

Yep, she’ll go down a storm with the mid evening Woods stage imbibers and chatterboxes

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...