2019 Predictions

qrdk

1 hour ago, Lester_Freamon said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for folk/Americana acts on the bill this year please? 

Some of my favourite EOTR performances have been those chilled-out, afternoon, more gentle/twee acts.  

Thanks.

Arguably slightly thinner on the ground this year so would recommend Jessica Pratt, Steve Gunn, Charlie Parr, Rozi Plain, Mark Mulcahy, and suggest Tyler Childers, William Tyler. I blow hot and cold on Israel Nash. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Yoss said:

He usually comes in the even-numbered years.

But the album release is on the Friday of EotR, and Simon Taffe is his manager, so it's set up perfectly for it.

I really enjoyed Ezra's set last year (especially the Smashing Pumpkins cover), but 3 times in 4 years is quite a lot... Would go down very well as always though!

2 hours ago, Tomos_ said:

I really enjoyed Ezra's set last year (especially the Smashing Pumpkins cover), but 3 times in 4 years is quite a lot... Would go down very well as always though!

I'd be happy if they brought him every year and just made them the house band.

34 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

I'm hoping for Deerhoof.

Check out Pom Poko, if you haven't already.

On 5/28/2019 at 2:29 PM, RedRockRick said:

Arguably slightly thinner on the ground this year so would recommend Jessica Pratt, Steve Gunn, Charlie Parr, Rozi Plain, Mark Mulcahy, and suggest Tyler Childers, William Tyler. I blow hot and cold on Israel Nash. 

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check these out.  

18 hours ago, RustySpanner said:

You seen Simon’s Instagram? Cloudbusting...

Surely not! ; )

But surely we've all posted about Cloudbusting when we've been for a walk & the rain's come in. Like, we've all posted about Wuthering Heights when we visit Yorkshire or posted about Babooshka when we've been out for a secret-from-the-wife dinner with that lady who sent the flirty letters.....

Edited by TheMerryPig

Day Splits were on the 5th of June last year so would be hoping for something this week.

Maybe another half dozen final additions too?

Noticed that E.B. The Younger (Eric from Midlake) was listed by Simon on Instagram at the time of the last announcement but wasn't in the actual annoucement itself. We also have the mystery of the TBC track on the CD.

Comedy line up hasn't been announced yet though so wonder if that may be first and then the day splits?

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2019 at 2:29 PM, RedRockRick said:

In addition to these Angelo De Augustine, Harrison Whitford, Ohtis, Cass McCombs and Anna St Louis all fit the bill.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, jamesrfisher said:

Although on the Rough Trade website it has the release date as 14th June

But higher on the webpage it says " available exclusively from Rough Trade Shops instore and online from 7 June". So who's close enough to pop in for a look, if there's not a wider annoucement? I'd be happy with Pond too as I thought they were seriously fun in '17.