eFestivals is fund-raising

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor.
qrdk

2019 Predictions

1 hour ago, bethannny said:

Rob da Bank has Simon Taffe on his A-Z of Festivals podcast this week - good lil listen.

(Link here: https://play.acast.com/s/robdabank)

He also confirmed Jarvis as Sunday Garden headliner if that wasn’t known already! 

cheers! Interesting about Jarvis, will be gutted if Deerhunter and Low aren't the other two Garden headliners 

I thought Jarvis would have been on the main stage before a headliner- the garden stage is going to be absolutely rammed on the Sunday night!

1 hour ago, Tomos_ said:

I thought Jarvis would have been on the main stage before a headliner- the garden stage is going to be absolutely rammed on the Sunday night!

It's why I paid extra for a Golden Circle ticket.

Had a whale at my first one last year, and gutted I can't make it this year. Line up is absolutely on point for my tastes. Gutted

Did a little bit of research and these appear to be the confirmed days where found for the top half of the bill:

Thu: Spiritualized
Fri: Mitski, Daniel Avery, Steve Gunn
Sat: Beirut, Courtney Barnett, Sleaford Mods, Parquet Courts
Sun: JARV IS, Deerhunter, Cate Le Bon

Logically I'd imagine Metronomy will be Friday headliners and Michael Kiwanuka Sunday, and my guess would be Low (for Friday), Barnett and the already confirmed Jarvis as Garden headliners.

16 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Did a little bit of research and these appear to be the confirmed days where found for the top half of the bill:

Logically I'd imagine Metronomy will be Friday headliners and Michael Kiwanuka Sunday, and my guess would be Low (for Friday), Barnett and the already confirmed Jarvis as Garden headliners.

nice work, I still refuse to believe Courtney Barnett will be Garden headliner though. Surely Woods sub. 

Edit: Low, Deerhunter and Jarvis for Garden headliners. Parquet Courts, Courtney and Sleaford Mods for Woods sub I reckon

Edited by Guy Incognito

32 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Yes, excellent work and much further than I'd got. But I can add that Low's facebook header says 8/31, i.e. Saturday. So up against Beirut if Garden headliner. That does make Fri thin and Sat stacked.

@Guy Incognito If it's right Jarvis & Deerhunter are both Sunday, they can't both headline Garden? This would be a lot easier if they just announced it...

1 minute ago, TheMerryPig said:

Yes, excellent work and much further than I'd got. But I can add that Low's facebook header says 8/31, i.e. Saturday. So up against Beirut if Garden headliner. That does make Fri thin and Sat stacked.

@Guy Incognito If it's right Jarvis & Deerhunter are both Sunday, they can't both headline Garden? This would be a lot easier if they just announced it...

ah sorry I've totally messed up there haha! would be shocked if some of those acts you've listed were on the same day. Courtney subbing Beirut and Sleaford Mods late night Big Top? Thought PQ were a shoe in for Woods sub though. 

8 minutes ago, TheMerryPig said:

Ah, I hadn't looked at Facebook. Unless there's a big name to come Barnett must be Woods sub, then, and Friday Garden headliner Mitski (or maybe Baxter Dury, but he feels more suited to sub Metronomy)

Deerhunter before Kiwanuka would be weird, Cate feels better suited.

EOTR consistently plan and book their acts so well, surely they know recognise that Deerhunter on the Garden would be perfect. Would be a shame to have them on Woods stage in daylight. 

Kiw

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Jarvis in the Garden whilst Michael K is playing to an empty field? 

30 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

EOTR consistently plan and book their acts so well, surely they know recognise that Deerhunter on the Garden would be perfect. Would be a shame to have them on Woods stage in daylight. 

Exactly Deerhunter without a doubt perfect for the garden stage. Would not do them justice being on the woods. 

10 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Deerhunter doing a late night Big Top set like Ariel Pink last year. Hope not, but I can see it happening.

if they are to do that, hopefully it's after a Garden headliner that I'm not so fussed about so I can get there nice and early.