2019 Predictions

qrdk

Just now, Born in the fifties said:

A question, possibly for TeamCampesinos, but does anyone know if the Talking Heads timings on the Clashfinder are 'official' or not?  The Line of Best Fit Clashfinder doesn't show the Talking Heads stage, so not sure where these timings have come from or whether 'official' ones have even been announced yet.

All but one were taken from the EOTR twitter

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Born in the fifties said:

A question, possibly for TeamCampesinos, but does anyone know if the Talking Heads timings on the Clashfinder are 'official' or not?  The Line of Best Fit Clashfinder doesn't show the Talking Heads stage, so not sure where these timings have come from or whether 'official' ones have even been announced yet.

They tweeted them all to someone yesterday from which I updated them, although we already knew all but one through the same method.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Seds said:

Out of office on in 15 mins then the best time of the year (OK maybe matched with primavera) can begin ?

I'm going further this year: out of office on, gmail and all news apps deleted, time for the sweet oblivion of Larmer Tree Gardens. What better antidote to the current shambles of the brexit-cycle? 

With any luck, there'll be a revolution before we re-emerge from the forest.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, rararachel said:

I'm going further this year: out of office on, gmail and all news apps deleted, time for the sweet oblivion of Larmer Tree Gardens. What better antidote to the current shambles of the brexit-cycle? 

With any luck, there'll be a revolution before we re-emerge from the forest.

Ha, I wonder what 'news' you'll hear that will turn out false. I was at Glastonbury in 89 (showing my age, but I was young then!), so pre internet days etc........ there wasa rumour going round that Roger Moore had died...... I mean, no one would possibly make up something as mundane as that, so everyone believed it........ I'm sure Roger was happy living loads more years after that ?

18 minutes ago, JimiC999 said:

Ha, I wonder what 'news' you'll hear that will turn out false. I was at Glastonbury in 89 (showing my age, but I was young then!), so pre internet days etc........ there wasa rumour going round that Roger Moore had died...... I mean, no one would possibly make up something as mundane as that, so everyone believed it........ I'm sure Roger was happy living loads more years after that ?

I wonder if the forest grants wishes...? I'm not one for hoping anyone ill, but I can't say my weekend would be ruined if I heard of the untimely demise (professional... or... otherwise) of a pair of straw-haired buffoons. Aside from that, I hope the 'real world' doesn't penetrate our woodland escape.

Edited by rararachel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WM Hall said:

does anyone actually ever get wifi/3g/signal on the site? i can barely send/receive texts when i'm there, let alone check the internet.

am i missing a trick? 

I've always found it's fine in the campsite, then in the arena it's a bit spotty but it does work sometimes.

My work always pays for the wifi by the tipi and food area but she always moans that it either doesn't work or is really slow.

3 hours ago, WM Hall said:

does anyone actually ever get wifi/3g/signal on the site? i can barely send/receive texts when i'm there, let alone check the internet.

am i missing a trick? 

I know last year in the arena it was taking 20+ minutes for a text to get through. In the campsite, early morning it was much better.

So basically, when you need it, it doesn't work very well but when you're not really bothered it works fine.

4 hours ago, WM Hall said:

am i missing a trick? 

I tend to get some kind of signal in the arena but the Garden Stage is iffy. Anything further into the woods is unlikely. Makes piano stage announcements interesting to get.