2019 Predictions

qrdk

2 hours ago, bobbyperu said:

I remember there was another surprise set in the big top in 2012 I think. It was Alabama Shakes who had already played the main stage the day before.

wonder if it could be someone already announced doubling up rather than a completely new act?

As I recall, wasn't that replacing someone who dropped out last minute? Can't recall who now ..

52 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Gong through the clashfinder and its busy. Lewsberg at 11.45am on Sunday for example and then Im busy through till 2am.

Agreed. What initially looked like a weakish line-up compares to some years now seems to involve some harsh crunches ... Fk knows how to play Fontaines dc/Deerhunter/Murder Capital. 

59 minutes ago, carwynnen said:

Agreed. What initially looked like a weakish line-up compares to some years now seems to involve some harsh crunches ... Fk knows how to play Fontaines dc/Deerhunter/Murder Capital. 

The great thing about this festival. Makes you do your research! Always rewarding too.

4 minutes ago, snipe said:

Curious The Nal as the other Dubliner I've seen on this forum.. what's your travel plan?  We're over to Bristol Wednesday, Train (GWR thankfully) to Salisbury Thursday and then Big Green Coach. 

We're into Bristol Thursday morning, have a car rented, quick stop in Tesco and then down to site. Hopefully set up and drinking by 5pm. 

Actually know that neck of the woods quite well now with Glasto travels over the years. 2nd time at EOTR and can't wait now.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, carwynnen said:

Anyone seen Fontaines DC, Kikagaku Moyo or Deerhunter live who could pass comment to help me with knotty clashes?

Seen Deerhunter a few times. Always great but the most recent album is definitely one of their weakest. Seeing Kikagaku Moyo tomorrow and have heard very good things. Saw Fontaines DC a while ago, pre-album, and they were pretty good.

7 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Seen Deerhunter a few times. Always great but the most recent album is definitely one of their weakest. Seeing Kikagaku Moyo tomorrow and have heard very good things. Saw Fontaines DC a while ago, pre-album, and they were pretty good.

Fontaines were brilliant at Glasto, I’ll definitely be seeing them again; shame it’s so close The The Murder Capital set. 

1 hour ago, carwynnen said:

Anyone seen Fontaines DC, Kikagaku Moyo or Deerhunter live who could pass comment to help me with knotty clashes?

Thought Fontaines were meh when I saw them. Not a huge fan anyway. A bit samey and aloof. 

Kikagaku are unmissable for me but they can go to dreamy town on the jams. 3 or 4 minutes of quiet meandering stuff before they let loose which may not be for everyone. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Thought Fontaines were meh when I saw them. Not a huge fan anyway. A bit samey and aloof. 

Kikagaku are unmissable for me but they can go to dreamy town on the jams. 3 or 4 minutes of quiet meandering stuff before they let loose which may not be for everyone. 

I love Japanese psych like Ghost and Acid Mother's Temple, so this sounds perrfick ... Best stage too ?

18 minutes ago, carwynnen said:

I love Japanese psych like Ghost and Acid Mother's Temple, so this sounds perrfick ... Best stage too ?

Oh yeah if you like AMT you'll love these lads. 

Best stage (maybe anywhere) and the sunset slot too! 

Edited by The Nal

Kikagaku Moyo were superb when I saw them a couple of years ago. A pretty full on psych fest it that's your thing.

We'll probably watch Fontaines DC even though we've seen them a couple of times this year. I imagine the Big Top will be pretty rammed for them.