2019 Predictions

qrdk

Managed to get more friends to come 2017 after raving about it and having a smaller group 2015 & 2016. Tried to get everyone to come see jeffrey lewis on the garden stage but they all went back the tent to mope ? that sunday rain put them off so much it was just the 2 of us last year and this but we were rewarded for sticking it out with glorious sunshine! 

Can't wait for the times to get planning! 

17 hours ago, rararachel said:

Maybe I’m misremembering that Sunday... It felt much much wetter to me. Maybe the hangover was particularly vicious that day! Still, none of it was enough to take the shine off Perfume Genius and Bill Callahan — couldn’t ask for a more perfect line up than those two! 

Green Man Friday was much wetter than that Sunday. But it felt worse  at End of the Road - more of a breeze, less seating areas, coped less well. 

13 minutes ago, SighMo said:

I know this is in the wrong thread but just a thought. If EOTR is the last weekend in Aug it’ll only be one week apart from Green Man  ? 

Could be wrong but I’m sure I read somewhere EOTR 2020 is 3rd - 6th Sep. The August Bank Holiday is Mon 31st next year, so looks like everything pushed back a week.

Edited by Muddy Holly

23 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Not sure if this has been put in here already but the 2019 map is out 

Thanks for this. So what's the point of changing the comedy area to Talking Heads? I'm sure they promised it'd be an area for other performance things but they haven't announced anything apart from those few names that are on the clashfinder but not listed on the site.

43 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Thanks for this. So what's the point of changing the comedy area to Talking Heads? I'm sure they promised it'd be an area for other performance things but they haven't announced anything apart from those few names that are on the clashfinder but not listed on the site.

I guess because there is now more than just comedy on there, a name change was needed. I imagine some of the talks, such as Luke Turner's, may be on there? 

Pottery were on great form last night, well worth catching on Thursday if you are set up by the time they play.

Doesn't look like they'll be doing one of the secret sets as they are off to In The Great Wide Open festival in Netherlands the next day. Looking at the line up it seems like quite a few bands are doing the same. Squid, Wand, Murder Capital, Kokoko etc.

• Upvote 1

Been trying to find Glastonbury style steel mugs to have for this. Anything online I find is 500ml (or worse... an American pint). Don't suppose they sell something like this on site (or if anyone knows where I can get them online on short notice?).

CHECKLIST;

Worried that the EOTR Tent of 5 years is going to leak..tick

Taken dogs abuse for the £7.50 Festival trolley that annually makes it 25 yards from the car before tipping my entire weekends belongings all over the car park...Tick

Rabidly checking every weather forecast site on the internet...tick

Used every highlighter colour in my wallet of 12 on the clashfinder...tick

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2