2019 Predictions

qrdk

Beginning to think about EOTR now that GM is past.  Really would like the stage times now.  The Clashfinder currently shows Fontaines DC starting in the Big Top as The Murder Capital finish in the Tipi Tent; if it stays like that its going to be EOTR's version of the migration of the wildebeest.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Born in the fifties said:

Beginning to think about EOTR now that GM is past.  Really would like the stage times now.  The Clashfinder currently shows Fontaines DC starting in the Big Top as The Murder Capital finish in the Tipi Tent; if it stays like that its going to be EOTR's version of the migration of the wildebeest.

Exactly my thoughts. Will definitely be wearing the trainers. Could do wit a ten minute shift for one of them. 

22 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

We'll surely get stage times no later than Thursday, a week before the festival starts.

So annoying we had them so early last year and so late this year.

The stage times are always issued by The Line Of Best Fit, who curate the programme. I'm wondering whether the late line-up changes have meant that there have been delays in sending the final draft to the printers, which has had a knock on effect to publishing the times.

5 minutes ago, shoebox said:

The stage times are always issued by The Line Of Best Fit, who curate the programme. I'm wondering whether the late line-up changes have meant that there have been delays in sending the final draft to the printers, which has had a knock on effect to publishing the times.

it's funny because the times have probably been finalised for a week (and in fact most times besides courtney barnett/kate tempest for longer) but we have to wait for a magazine to sort out their design and publishing!!!

Edited by WM Hall

Speaking of secret sets, just putting this out there - when line of best fit tweeted asking for requests / suggestions the other week, they got a few replies but mine seems to have been the only one they saw fit to retweet. I'm hoping that means I got a couple right, but we'll find out.

2 hours ago, shoebox said:

Are we sure it is still going to be Line of Best Fit involved, rather than Loud and Quiet, given this https://www.loudandquiet.com/short/this-might-be-your-only-way-into-this-months-totally-sold-out-end-of-the-road-festival/

Also Line of Best Fit don't seem to have featured anything about the festival, which seems a little odd given how close we are to it.

9 minutes ago, Born in the fifties said:

Are we sure it is still going to be Line of Best Fit involved, rather than Loud and Quiet, given this https://www.loudandquiet.com/short/this-might-be-your-only-way-into-this-months-totally-sold-out-end-of-the-road-festival/

Also Line of Best Fit don't seem to have featured anything about the festival, which seems a little odd given how close we are to it.

I'm never sure about these things, just going by what has happened in the past. Evidence certainly does seem to suggest that you're right, and that the partnership has changed.

EDIT: But I guess the same applies. It's probably down to them to publish a printable schedule which may have had last minute design changes. Hopefully we'll get some times by the end of the week

Edited by shoebox

10 minutes ago, Born in the fifties said:

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/festivals/end-of-the-road-festival ?

1 hour ago, WM Hall said:

and yeah 100% one (or more) of squid, BCNR, crack cloud, murder capital, black midi will play tipi "secret sets".  i already know one of the saturday sets but cant reveal yet tehe (will wait for the forum whatsapp group!)

It won't be black midi, the did one last year. Crack Cloud are a good possibility. They share members with NOV3L who are playing on a different day to them so they're likely to be staying on site over night 

Edited by Guy Incognito

53 minutes ago, Born in the fifties said:

The post right before yours is TLOBF's editor wanting suggestions for one of their secret sets.

Is it too much to hope Onsind, who consitute half of Martha, do a set?

On the subject of stage times, I'm sure more than once in recent years we've not had them until the Tuesday before the festival. Everyone was definitely surprised at how early they arrived last year.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Snapped Ankles was one of the best gigs I've ever seen. Chaos.

I arrived late for that one due to having to dig around in the debris at the front of the Garden Stage to find my shirt after the Oh Sees set. The Snapped Ankles sets at Strummerville and WG were pretty full on too.

Just added another one to my wish-list for late sets; Pottery. Only saw about 4 songs in the Green Man record sales tent but they were ace. Seeing them again at the Joiners tonight.