2019 Predictions

qrdk

On 7/29/2019 at 5:50 PM, Copperface said:

just saw Ezra Furman again last night at Deershed. Phenomenal. However, twice in two years may be enough.

One name not touted is Steve Mason......electric performer, strong catalogue of tunes and a great pedigree..

He was brilliant last night.

Was also at Deer Shed.  Have seen Ezra many times, now can't wait for the album following the few we got previewed.  Would be happy for him to pitch up at EOTR and play the whole thing.

And 100% agreement on Steve Mason's set, although I think you may be getting either your Steves or your festivals muddled up : last time I looked Steve Mason is at GM; Steve Gunn is at EOTR.

3 hours ago, Yoss said:

Stage times were published on 9th August last year. But that was untypically early - be a bit optimistic to hope for the same again this year when there's a headliner still to confirm.

At this stage I reckon they'll just announce the replacement and the stage times at the same time. 

It's not like they need to announce a new name to sell tickets as its sold out, so there isn't too much urgency there. 

17 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Green Man - which they're headlining, remember - is YLT's last date on their European tour. Can we not continue this loop of "(American band) have a UK date within two weeks either way of EOTR so it's obviously going to be them"?

They're only headlining Green Man because they were promoted when Green Man's third headliner. It's quite a jump for any band to step into a headliner slot at two quite large festivals in the same country a few weeks apart. 

As well as the possible 'mare of Courtney being bumped up and clashing with Low, the total unknown of timings on the talking heads stage starting to give me anxiety – so many potential clashes! With more listens, Helena Deland, Rozi Plain and Oliver Coates all becoming 'must sees'... I've never had such a clashy festival – SOS!! the line up is possibly *too good* this year. 

edit to say... only acceptable scenario is that these acts are on late... like post-headliners late... can I dream of that highly unlikely schedule?!

Edited by rararachel

I had the VHS of the first series of Snub, a formative part of my musical education. It's around on the Internet, if you dig about a bit. I donwloaded it the other year, there's a fantastic performance by Fatima Mansions

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rararachel said:

As well as the possible 'mare of Courtney being bumped up and clashing with Low, the total unknown of timings on the talking heads stage starting to give me anxiety – so many potential clashes! With more listens, Helena Deland, Rozi Plain and Oliver Coates all becoming 'must sees'... I've never had such a clashy festival – SOS!! the line up is possibly *too good* this year. 

edit to say... only acceptable scenario is that these acts are on late... like post-headliners late... can I dream of that highly unlikely schedule?!

I'm a little bit in love with Rozi Plain, and if she's ever in the market for a middle aged, balding, slightly overweight guy then I'm all hers

• Like 1