2019 Predictions

qrdk

20 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Are there normally any secret sets or anything on at the same time as the headliners? Neither Metronomy or Jarvis Cocker do much for me so will most likely be looking for other stuff to do. At previous EOTRs I've always been at either the Garden or Woods stage at headliner time

Last year's programme looked like this - some overlap in the Tipi Tent.

EOTR 2018.jpg

3 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Last year's programme looked like this - some overlap in the Tipi Tent.

EOTR 2018.jpg

Ahh thanks, didn't realise that there was an overlap. Good to have another option. I'll most likely end up getting food at that time before Beak>/the tipi secret sets but it's good that gave a a few options. 

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

Ahh thanks, didn't realise that there was an overlap. Good to have another option. I'll most likely end up getting food at that time before Beak>/the tipi secret sets but it's good that gave a a few options. 

I'm also assuming/hoping that Beak> will be in that Ariel Pink slot from last year but things might change if Fontaines have to cancel.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:31 PM, Tomos_ said:

Does anyone else think Black Midi are criminally overrated? I've given them a few tries (including after reading about people's love for them on this thread), and although some of the music is really interesting, a lot of it is far too noodly for me, and the lead singer's voice is horrible... 

I'd back my tastes as being pretty outgoing - there's some interesting stuff there, but it all feels a little Emperor's New Clothes and don't even get me started on the guy's voice. Makes them sound like a joke band

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

They're 2nd last on in the Tipi so I assume it'll be late? Like after the other stages have wrapped up?

I don't think so.

The three late slots are usually not on the official stage splits (although Snapped Ankles were last year). I would imagine they will be on around 8/9pm ish.

Haven’t seen them mentioned on here yet but I’ve just started listening to The Murder Capital and noticed they’re on the line up. On their tour dates they’re down for Thursday at 8pm where there’s a gap in the  Clashfinder. 

11 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Haven’t seen them mentioned on here yet but I’ve just started listening to The Murder Capital and noticed they’re on the line up. On their tour dates they’re down for Thursday at 8pm where there’s a gap in the  Clashfinder. 

Already announced, Sunday Tipi. (Most bands' tour dates list the first date of a festival)

Black Midi are great, though I understand the scepticism and can see why they rub some people up the wrong way.

I'm sceptical about Black Country, New Road on the other hand - though unlike BM I've not seen them live yet, and they're interesting enough that I may do so depending on how the timings work out. (I'm expecting them to be in the 9pm spot, but we don't yet know they'd be up against on the Woods. Or whether the Tipi will already be rammed by the time we get across from Kikagaku Moyo.)

On 7/16/2019 at 11:17 AM, JimiC999 said:

Yep, I'd noticed that too......and agree 100% ....... they'd be a lot of fun on a Saturday night..........

BSS have just cancelled all upcoming UK/EU dates due to Kevin Drew health issues, so that's that.

Edited by RedRockRick
clarification

On 7/12/2019 at 10:16 PM, SighMo said:

As long as it's the Furman variety....he'd be welcomed back with open arms; by me anyway.

just saw Ezra Furman again last night at Deershed. Phenomenal. However, twice in two years may be enough.

One name not touted is Steve Mason......electric performer, strong catalogue of tunes and a great pedigree..

He was brilliant last night.

• Upvote 1