2019 Predictions

qrdk

I think the most likely scenario is that Courtney will be bumped up, then someone local to the UK and is promoting new material currently will take up a lower slot.

We really should be getting another headline-worthy act though to get our "moneys worth", since the money they were going to pay Beirut is now freed up...

On 7/9/2019 at 1:21 AM, Sean1234321 said:

Missing this Black Midi set for Goat Girl should actually be illegal. 

Does anyone else think Black Midi are criminally overrated? I've given them a few tries (including after reading about people's love for them on this thread), and although some of the music is really interesting, a lot of it is far too noodly for me, and the lead singer's voice is horrible... 

3 minutes ago, Tomos_ said:

Does anyone else think Black Midi are criminally overrated? I've given them a few tries (including after reading about people's love for them on this thread), and although some of the music is really interesting, a lot of it is far too noodly for me, and the lead singer's voice is horrible... 

Can definitely see why you’d say that, it did take me a while to get into them but now I think they’re easily one of the best young bands around. Their live shows are genuinely astounding but not for everyone. The fact that they’re at EOTR pretty much sold the festival to me.

3 hours ago, Tomos_ said:

They definitely are an acquired taste but once your hooked they’re ace. 

I first saw them Green Man and had no idea what to expect only that I could see all kids gathering for a right mash up. Stood at the front of the Rising Stage and got a right battering. Actually getting lost in their album tonight followed by some Brian Jonestown Massacre and a few beers ?

Maybe we'll get another exclusive listening preview of their new album, but this time in the flesh rather than listening to the record.

In fact this all sounds so plausible that I've already decided it's definitely happening.