2019 Predictions

qrdk

Not a lot of headline quality bands around for such a slot at short notice - look at Green Man, they only announced Yo La Tengo as headliners last week when they weren't even first named in the relevant new addition announcement. I'd guess all EOTR-level festivals have standby lists but replacing the band they'd been pushing as main headliner...

1 minute ago, bobbyperu said:

The Strokes are in Ireland the night before. Can't see it though.

CB is arguably a bigger draw than Beirut anyway so she will likely just move up a spot.

It'll be Ezra though won't it?

Can see Ezra stepping up, but really, it should be CB. Was surprised she wasn't headlining already tbh

13 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I can't imagine that there are any headliner acts who just happen to have nothing booked that weekend so I expect that Courtney will get bumped up and they'll find a sub somewhere - Ezra? Courtney vs Low will be a horrible clash though - big decision to be made by me.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Low getting moved across.

Ezra's US tour begins on the 5th so I guess rehearsals, not to mention the expense of flying over for a single date, would rule that out.

4 hours ago, bobbyperu said:

The Strokes are in Ireland the night before. Can't see it though.

CB is arguably a bigger draw than Beirut anyway so she will likely just move up a spot.

It'll be Ezra though won't it?

As long as it's the Furman variety....he'd be welcomed back with open arms; by me anyway.

6 hours ago, shoebox said:

I always chuckle at some of ludicrous suggestions for replacements when this sort of thing happens. Not so much in here, but on social media. You have to wonder if some of these people even know what festival they're attending. 

I know, it's hilarious. Suggesting The Strokes!? On Facebook someone suggested Royal Blood (LOL), another person said The Rolling Stones (what?) and someone else said Bill Ryder-Jones (not even big enough to headline the Big Top)

3 hours ago, jamesrfisher said:

Shift Jarv Is from Sunday Garden to Saturday (otherwise Garden is going to be rammed on the Sunday), then get either Ezra or British Sea Power (playing around end of August in UK) to headline Garden on Sunday.

Lots of people leave Sunday 

3 hours ago, jamesrfisher said:

Shift Jarv Is from Sunday Garden to Saturday (otherwise Garden is going to be rammed on the Sunday), then get either Ezra or British Sea Power (playing around end of August in UK) to headline Garden on Sunday.

Lots of people leave Sunday