2019 Predictions

qrdk

Looks amazing. Parquet Courts & Low as Garden Stage headliners on Friday and Saturday work perfectly for me as they are up against nothing I want to see. 

Saturday daytime is ridiculous though. So much stuff there on one day it's going to take some tight logistics on my part to fit it all in.

Pigsx7 and Fontaines DC in the Big Top on Sunday is an incredible way to end the festival. Sadly we'll be gone by the time BEAK play, work calls on Monday morning.

The Saturday is absolutely STACKED. Going to be incredibly clash heavy. Glad that I have no interest in either of the Sunday night headliners as I'll most likely have to leave early. Friday afternoon looks a little thin on the ground so might take some time to get going, but that Late Junction line-up is very exciting.

37 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

The Big Top looks wrong for the Saturday and Sunday nights to me (unless you know something we don't).

The Saturday has one more band and the Sunday one less than usual. Guess they will just start earlier on the Saturday and later on the Sunday?

Edit: Sunday Big Top in 2016 had only seven bands and started at 1pm, so I'm guessing it'll look something like that year: https://clashfinder.com/s/endoftheroad2016/

Edited by ljsawyer

Viewing the line-up in the form of day splits makes it look SO FUCKIN GOOD - probably the best EOTR line up ever...???

Friday

Virginia Wing

Marry Lattimore

Derya Yildrim

Kelly Moran

Yves Tumor

Let's Eat Grandma

Cass McCombs

Mitski 

Parquet Courts

Westerman

Bodega

Saturday

Oliver Coates

Black Country New Road

Bilge Pump

Gazelle Twin

Kero Kero Bonito

William Tyler

Lonnie Holley

Black Midi

Low

Kokoko!

Sunday

Sandro Perri

Group Listening

Ata Kak

Jessica Pratt

Tunng

Serpentwithfeet

BCUC

Cate Le Bon

Metronomy

The email they've sent round is interesting...saying that Joy Orbison is part of a supporting cast to Michael Kiwanuka, and that Daniel Avery will be performing after a headline slot by Sleaford Mods.

Could there be no Friday late night big top slot, and then two acts on late in there on the Saturday?

I think NOV3L are going to be playing later than they have been timed on the clashfinder. Similarly to Snapped Ankles last year they seem to be placed higher than the other top billed Tipi acts. Snapped Ankles ended up playing at 11pm last year, post headliners. I think (hope) it'll be the same for NOV3L.

3 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

The email they've sent round is interesting...saying that Joy Orbison is part of a supporting cast to Michael Kiwanuka, and that Daniel Avery will be performing after a headline slot by Sleaford Mods.

Could there be no Friday late night big top slot, and then two acts on late in there on the Saturday?

I don't think you can read too much into what they've written about Joy Orbison (I think being on a lower stage still counts as a 'supporting' slot even if you're playing later in the day), but you could be right about Saturday. We'll have to wait and see.

If the Clashfinder is correct, my weekend will look something like this:

Friday:

Kelly Moran
Stella Donnelly
Wand
Yves Tumor
Wire
Penya
Michael Kiwanuka
Derya Yildirim & Grup Simsek

Saturday:

Nérija
TVAM
Nubya Garcia
KOKOKO!
Gazelle Twin
Black Midi/Kero Kero Bonito (tough choice)
Kikagaku Moyo
Low
Sleaford Mods (or Tipi secret set)
Daniel Avery

Sunday:

Pom Poko
Jessica Pratt
Crack Cloud
BCUC
Pigs x7
Ata Kak
Fontaines D.C.
Jarvis Cocker (if I haven't left by then)
Beak> (ditto)

-

That is an incredibly solid weekend of music. What are your schedules looking like?

22 minutes ago, ljsawyer said:

I don't think you can read too much into what they've written about Joy Orbison (I think being on a lower stage still counts as a 'supporting' slot even if you're playing later in the day), but you could be right about Saturday. We'll have to wait and see.

No I'm just throwing it out there... I would imagine Joy Orbison will be in a late slot but not out of the question they may change things up. 

What a great line up - I cannot wait to come back to this, first time back to EOTR in 12 years. The Woods Stage line up on the Sunday is worth the entrance fee alone, I want to see every one  of those acts. Gutted that BC Camplight are also Sunday as I can’t see me missing Deerhunter - unless I get a ticket for their Roundhouse show (also with Cate Le Bon!)

https://mobile.twitter.com/LoudAndQuietMag/status/1139446052929642496

Anyone notice this version of day splits posted out by Loud and Quiet, with a different Friday Woods line-up featuring Little Simz. Would have been a really interesting booking (and made the whole day look a lot stronger) - wonder why it didn't work out. 

possibly being kept back as late push for ticket sales?

that Westerman would have been opening the Big Top indicates Kelly Lee Owens will be in a late slot, like Sleaford Mods on Saturday

also think Nov3l will be in the later Tipi slot, unlikely they'd have William Tyler/Jim Ghedi and Black Midi/Porridge Radio clashes