2019 Predictions

qrdk

Yeah, while I must admit I am not the most patient of festival goers, it does seem to have been quite a while since the first announcement. And while I like the line up so far, I do think it is lacking a little something at the moment. I am not expecting another Vampire Weekend, which was a headliner way above what I thought possible for EOTR, but I guess I would like a little more of an established heavier rock act than what we currently have. There is a lot of singer songwriter stuff and some up and coming bands at the moment, but I keep hoping for something like The Coathangers, Priests, Mike Krol, Ex Hex, even a return for Idles (which seems unlikely at this point). And I am still holding out a vain hope for SvE, though I suspect she is probably at headliner status now. Maybe some Big Thief, Du Blonde, Hand Habits, Feels, Julia Jacklin, boygenius or Self Esteem.

Still, some really good stuff is on the bill, and I trust there is much more still to come. Just got to build up a little patience as we wait!

Edited by the neon handshake

Worth noting that last year's additions, which included White Denim, Sunflower Bean, Posies, Iceage, were announced April 5. Final update was July 20 when Shopping, Hater, Amyl & the Sniffers, Daniel Blumberg were added. Based on that we can expect an announcement this time next week. 

2 hours ago, Avon said:

Worth noting that last year's additions, which included White Denim, Sunflower Bean, Posies, Iceage, were announced April 5. Final update was July 20 when Shopping, Hater, Amyl & the Sniffers, Daniel Blumberg were added. Based on that we can expect an announcement this time next week. 

That was actually the second additional announcement - the first came on march 7th and I believe it was a similar date the previous year, so we are already a few weeks behind in that regards.

http://diymag.com/2018/03/07/soccer-mommy-titus-andronicus-end-of-the-road-festival-lineup-2018

We just got it frontloaded this year. The first announcement contained about as many acts as last year's first two announcements had done between them.

Anyway, as it stands the line-up isn't up to last year's (in fact I think Green Man are currently edging it this year - not that I'll be changing my allegiance). But a couple more good 'uns in the next announcement will nonetheless give me a pretty good baseline to work from.

1 hour ago, Tomos_ said:

The Ohtis album released on Friday is great!

Was hoping they'd get a sunny afternoon slot, but from their website seems to say Thursday...

Just looking at it, their dates are taken from Bandsintown which only lists the dates of the festival rather than go by day splits. Songkick does the same and a lot of those who run their own sites put all the dates up presumably to try and shift weekend sales, so the vast majority won't have an exact day up yet.

Some very nice additions here. Nothing top-tier but lots to flesh out an already stacked undercard.

Kelly Lee Owens

Tunng

KOKOKO!

William Tyler

The Beths

SASAMI

Wand

Gazelle Twin

Lewsberg

Westerman

Harrison Whitford

Nardeydey