2019 Predictions

qrdk

38 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Nah, can't see them on the Woods stage. They're a Garden Stage band through and through.

I'd say they're bigger now then when they last played, but I'm not sure they're a Woods headliner size either. It's possible these three they're teasing are all Woods sub-headliners, or one is Thursday headliner.

Metronomy could easily headline. Headlined Brixton Academy and Somerset House in recent years. Have a lengthy and quite well-known back catalogue. If Bat For Lashes can headline, Metronomy certainly can.

That's not to say it's an interesting booking though...

10 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I'd say they're bigger now then when they last played, but I'm not sure they're a Woods headliner size either. It's possible these three they're teasing are all Woods sub-headliners, or one is Thursday headliner.

Courtney Barnett will headline the Woods Stage, that's a certainty, I would say. I don't think they're purposefully hinting at headliners, just acts that are playing.

17 minutes ago, Tomos_ said:

Eels playing a festival in Sweden on the Thursday (29th August) and Italy on the 1st and 2nd of September (Saturday and Sunday). Getting to Dorset for the Friday might be a bit of a long shot...

Probably at Green man. Just announced later cos they have a tour to sell

Low strike me as the quintessential Thursday night band, following Slowdive and Yo Lo Tengo. I'll admit to being bemused by Simon's choice of Thursday night entertainment on the Woods, but there does seem to be something of a pattern.