2019 Predictions

qrdk

9 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I'd be surprised if she misses another festival summer, though, and also miss both EOTR and Green Man twice - were I them I'd offer a Milk! Records Tipi takeover, bringing Jen Cloher, Tiny Ruins, Loose Tooth etc over and maybe Katie Harkin as she's been playing in Barnett's band and is due to unveil her solo material soon.

I'd love Sleater-Kinney but if they're only just starting in the studio I very much doubt they'd be ready to come over and reveal the new songs in time.

I don't know how many would be headline size but Bon Iver, Spoon, TV On The Radio and Torres are all due albums this year.

I would love Bon Iver to make a return. But just too big now. I could definitely see Tv on the radio making an appearance 

Edited by wolfamongwolves

17 hours ago, Avon said:

You've opened up an interesting side debate there - artists who've appeared at earlier EOTRs who wouldn't fit the festival now. I suppose you've got people such as Richard Hawley or Mumford & Sons who've drifted too deeply into the maintstream to work in 2019. Anyone else? (I know this is the predictions thread but can't be arsed to start a new one). 

Idles? 

17 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I'd love Sleater-Kinney but if they're only just starting in the studio I very much doubt they'd be ready to come over and reveal the new songs in time.

Im not entirely sure this is true....Im SURE i read somewhere that they started the new material mid 2018?!? Also.....NO ONE really knew that 'No Cities To Live' was gonna happen until they put that bonus 7" into their boxset. Then, 3 months later, new album.

I reckon its all made and, apart from a few mixing tweeks, it will be out within the next few months. Which......well, it will make 2019 MUCH less of a shitfuck as it might have been. And will make moz a VERY happy boy. :)

4 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Oh yeah, I forgot as I didn't see them because some of it clashed with Big Thief.

Still, there usually seems to be some Fat White affiliated band, or Fat White themselves, so I should think they'll be there in some capacity.

They were pretty good from what I saw. I caught the second half after Zimpel / Ziolek finished and they were sounding good. Times I've seen them in the past it's always been excellent or terrible. That set looked/sounded like one of the better one.

OK, EOTR have just made a Facebook post reading: We’re working very hard here at EOTR HQ now that the turkey hangover has finally worn off. Here are the tunes that are getting us through: spoti.fi/2RJhzr5

Clues? Subtract the artists who played 2018 and you get: Steve Gunn, Moses Boyd, Sharon Van Etten, Idris Ackamoor, Deerhunter, SOAK, Big Joanie, Priests, Angelo De Augustine, The Delines, Sasami, Girlpool, Guided by Voices, Billie Eilish

Edited by TheMerryPig
correction

On 1/9/2019 at 5:35 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

I'd be surprised if she misses another festival summer, though, and also miss both EOTR and Green Man twice

Maybe so.

And according to someone on the Green Man thread, they've apparently said she won't be there, so that'd make EotR most likely if you're right.

5 hours ago, TheMerryPig said:

OK, EOTR have just made a Facebook post reading: We’re working very hard here at EOTR HQ now that the turkey hangover has finally worn off. Here are the tunes that are getting us through: spoti.fi/2RJhzr5

Clues? Subtract the artists who played 2018 and you get: Steve Gunn, Moses Boyd, Sharon Van Etten, Idris Ackamoor, Deerhunter, SOAK, Big Joanie, Priests, Angelo De Augustine, The Delines, Sasami, Girlpool, Guided by Voices, Billie Eilish

Think a lot of those just have new songs out, and that’s why they’re listening. :P

Just got tickets. I’ve always found that there are almost too many acts I want to see, and sometimes just have to decide between stages depending on mood.

It’ll be great whatever but hope we see some of -

Erland Cooper

Jon Hopkins

Mitski 

Nils Frahm

Dan Deacon

No Age

Boygenius 

Max Cooper

Our Girl

Pinegrove

Damien Jurado

Angelo de Augustine

Pond

Cloud Nothings

On 1/9/2019 at 5:23 PM, vulnicuras said:

american football for thursday? any of sleater-kinney, first aid kit, father john misty, beach house would be ideal headliners. 

Great shout re. American Football. Their 3rd album will be out. They were stunning at Primavera a few years ago.

Dates of EOTR first line up announcements:
2018 Jan 31
2017 Feb 8
2016 Feb 2
2015 Jan 26

As EOTR usually announce their's in the week after GM - in recent years it's been on a Wednesday - then we can expect to see the 2019 line up released February 6. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/11/2019 at 10:37 PM, dentalplan said:

Think a lot of those just have new songs out, and that’s why they’re listening. :P

Sure. And albums, which in itself makes tours/festies possible... But I'm OK with admitting to reading too much into a Facebook post. Pre-annoucment anticipation is fun. And there's some good stuff in the playlist.

• Upvote 1