2019 Predictions

qrdk

On 9/20/2018 at 2:43 PM, robith said:

ah right. This year was my first time, but I just recall friends who were there saying it was pretty ugly, but if they've been back, then I reckon we'll see them here

I've seen them about 10 times and that was easily the worst gig I've seen them do.

Alan looked annoyed from the start. There seemed to be a somewhat tense atmosphere on stage, then he lobbed his guitar into the crowd. All very strange.

New album is amazing, would love it if they played again. 

On 9/15/2018 at 1:15 PM, rhg_99 said:

First attempt at one of these so don't crucify me lads. Not even going to attempt predicting the tipi this far ahead. It's severely lacking on folk based acts but I'm not as well versed in that stuff. Probably made it a bit too strong but here goes...

Thursday

Mogwai

Friday

Woods: Courtney Barnett or Angel Olsen, Parquet Courts, Rolling Blackouts C.F, Goat Girl, Phoebe Bridges...

Garden: Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks, Bonnie Prince Billy, Let's Eat Grandma, Bill Ryder Jones, Xlyorious White,

Big Top: Jon Hopkins (post-headliner), Battles, The Twilight Sad, Wand, Black Midi,

Tipi:

Saturday

Woods: David Byrne, Marianne Faithful, Anna Calvi, Mitski, Seun Kuti & Egypt 80

Garden: Okkeril River, Slint, U.S. Girls, Hailu Mergia, Jenny Hval

Big Top: Fever Ray (post-healdiner), Algiers, Ought, Josifin Orhn and the Liberation, Lice,

Tipi

Sunday

Woods: Spiritualized (with orchestra and choir), Sleaford Mods, Jim O'Rourke, Hinds, Khrunagbin,

Garden: Sharon Van Etten, tUnE-yArDs , Connan Mockasin, Fatamouta Diawara, Julianna Barwick

Big Top: Nils Frahm, (post headliner), BEAK >, Jeff Rosenstock, No Age, Pigs x7,

Tipi

Would be awesome but extremely ambitious... Also Let's Eat Grandma, US Girls and Jenny Hval would 100% be in the Big Top

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. Hope you're all having a good weekend. Possibly my first time at End of the Road in 2019 - like the look of the lineups in recent years and general feel of festival (after looking at some videos on Youtube), one thing i'm not sure of is when things close down in the evenings? Does it normally close down after headliners finish? Not a deciding factor this, but certainly something i'd consider when looking at which festival next year!

Edited by Tyonks
Apologies if off topic, but couldn't find a more suitable thread!

15 hours ago, Tyonks said:

Hey all. Hope you're all having a good weekend. Possibly my first time at End of the Road in 2019 - like the look of the lineups in recent years and general feel of festival (after looking at some videos on Youtube), one thing i'm not sure of is when things close down in the evenings? Does it normally close down after headliners finish? Not a deciding factor this, but certainly something i'd consider when looking at which festival next year!

See this link to the clashfinder:

https://clashfinder.com/s/eotrfest2018/

As can be seen that the headliner in the big top (3rd stage) plays after headliners of 2 main stages, secret sets (usually from bands who have played earlier that day) take place in Tipi tent until 2am, cinema goes on there is also a silent disco, so plenty to so after the main headliner

it's a lovely small festival with a great feel and we will be back next year (missed this year due to son starting school)

Edited by jamesrfisher

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, shoebox said:

Low headlined the Garden Stage in 2015 and it was, indeed, amazing. They were a surprising booking following a rather uncomfortable performance in 2008, when Alan launched his guitar into the crowd. 

Do not want them in the Big Top

was the 2015 one (rather lovely iirc) where someone tried to bait Alan and he gave short shrift on confederate flag?

Can't imagine them anywhere but Garden Stage again personally, but then anyone I really want to see I want to see there

like others above I really hope that we get James Graham and his boys this year, they are pretty much perfect for this festival (Garden of course!)

1 hour ago, riverlodge said:

was the 2015 one (rather lovely iirc) where someone tried to bait Alan and he gave short shrift on confederate flag?

Can't imagine them anywhere but Garden Stage again personally, but then anyone I really want to see I want to see there

like others above I really hope that we get James Graham and his boys this year, they are pretty much perfect for this festival (Garden of course!)

Yeah, there was definitely some flag stuff going down in 2015.

On 12/14/2018 at 2:33 PM, shoebox said:

Yeah, there was definitely some flag stuff going down in 2015.

I thought he handled it quite well. Not making a big deal but calling the out. I suppose they are a band that say a lot quietly. In Iceland he talked about going whale watching and how they were beautiful "and I hope you'll come to see it that way too". There's a place for Patti Smith style tubtumping but there's a place for quiet challenge too. 

At the end in 2015 he thanked EOTR for having them and said he was surprised to be invited back after last time. 

Edited by Declan

• 2 weeks later...