Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

10 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Normally Childish Gambino was headlining Pukkelpop. And a lot of other European festivals this summer. But, as we all know, not the most trustable artist. It seems that he cancelled (the most of?) his shows, Glastonbury too. 

In addition to what we've got already?

Are we to expect another headliner then? 

44 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Normally Childish Gambino was headlining Pukkelpop. And a lot of other European festivals this summer. But, as we all know, not the most trustable artist. It seems that he cancelled (the most of?) his shows, Glastonbury too. 

Great info Ken. Thanks for sharing with us so many interesting things about PKP!!

On 3/19/2019 at 11:02 PM, DDave said:

Woodstock 50 line up, rules a lot out, although Princess Nokia is playing both. 

FB_IMG_1553036399157.jpg

Was reading something about this the other day and they've had to pay the full artist fees for everyone completely upfront (think the usual practice is 50% in advance and the rest after) as it's classed as a new festival. Taking that into account, it's a great line up really as the acts at the top will have cost a serious amount of money. Haven't looked into it but the daily capacity must be at least 100k to justify that kind of outlay. Not too much I'm disappointed about losing to them tbh but they've certainly gone heavy on guitar bands, as opposed to the current trend of booking loads of DJs and dance acts.

My current 'love in' for Avalon Emerson continues unabated. Listened to her Essential Mix about 4 times this week and if this continues there's a good chance they'll have to scrape me off the Booth speakers at the end of the night. See for yourself...

• Like 1

Prophets of Rage have been moved to the yellow section of the line up page so are now technically one of the headliners. It's often the case though that certain bands get moved around on the website in the run up to the festival so it's likely we'll see more of it (we've actually had a fair bit already this year).

1 hour ago, Semprini said:

Prophets of Rage have been moved to the yellow section of the line up page so are now technically one of the headliners. It's often the case though that certain bands get moved around on the website in the run up to the festival so it's likely we'll see more of it (we've actually had a fair bit already this year).

Looks like it'll be Andy Paak - Prophets of Rage and then Twenty One Pilots to close then, unless they get a dance closer. 

Be interesting to see the stage splits for Friday. There's a lot of bands who could potentially play a number of the stages.. You'd think Martin Solveig and Stormzy would remain in the Dance Hall but suppose Stormzy could play the main (Glasto headliner after all). I'm still hopeful of a biggish addition to that day. Not that I want them but I still think Major Lazer will be added. 

Edited by DDave

11 hours ago, DDave said:

Looks like it'll be Andy Paak - Prophets of Rage and then Twenty One Pilots to close then, unless they get a dance closer. 

Be interesting to see the stage splits for Friday. There's a lot of bands who could potentially play a number of the stages.. You'd think Martin Solveig and Stormzy would remain in the Dance Hall but suppose Stormzy could play the main (Glasto headliner after all). I'm still hopeful of a biggish addition to that day. Not that I want them but I still think Major Lazer will be added. 

My prediction: Stormzy on the main, Martin Solveig headlining the Dance Hall. Major Lazer please no. I don't need biggish names any more but would rather see new exciting guitar bands or electronic acts.

1 hour ago, Trufflehound said:

Crows from that list as well please.

Seeing them next week supporting Idles, supposed to be very good live.

Deerhunter would be playing the Friday at PKP and it means Portugal / Belgium and France 3 days on the bounce so unlikely but not impossible. Didn't realise Metronomy are at Dour so they're ruled out. 

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Seeing them next week supporting Idles, supposed to be very good live.

Deerhunter would be playing the Friday at PKP and it means Portugal / Belgium and France 3 days on the bounce so unlikely but not impossible. Didn't realise Metronomy are at Dour so they're ruled out. 

Beirut's also at Werchter, but it is still possible. 

Imagine this isn't a biggie for most of us but according to Lowlands Twitter Clairo has cancelled her entire European tour as she's decided to support Khalid in the States instead. Denzel Curry and Joji have also pulled out so they won't be getting announced for PKP any time soon.